Chapter 18

Kuroko's Pov

"Time to get up Tetsuya."

I mumbled and buried further into the warm body beside mine. Outside it was snowing. Winter was truly upon us now and you could feel the relaxed air fall over the settlement. There would be no undead attacks. This was the time humanity lived for, the time of peace.

"You promised Kagami."

"I don't care, your warm."

I snuggled into his chest and Akashi's chin rested on top of my head as he drew patterns on my back.

"I would love to stay in bed with you all day but I don't think it would be appropriate for the two best men to miss the wedding."

I sighed and lifted my chin to look into my lovers' heterochromatic eyes. Today was the wedding ceremony of our two friends, Aomine and Kagami. Not long after the incident Kagami confessed his feelings for Aomine and they had been inseparable. They were two peas in a pod and I couldn't be happier for them though a part of me was a little jealous. When they had come to us with their news Akashi had been the voice of reason. Asking if they thought it was too soon because they were going to commit to each other for all eternity. For him, marriage was a bond that could only be broken by death, not something to do on a whim. They had insisted of their love and I had backed them up, I had seen the way they looked at each other, I saw myself in them. Akashi had at least given them his blessing but I had wondered if he had been so critical of them, would we ever get married?

I was brought out of my thoughts when Akashi began to rub his nose along my jaw line and I shivered when he nipped my ear.

"I am more than happy to stay here," he murmured.

He rolled us so he was on top and began to trail kisses along my neck. I reached up to wrap my arms around his neck when as banging on the door interrupted us.

"I can here you in there we said no kissing!"

He sighed and went back to running his nose along my jaw line.

"Damn that Midorima."

"Well it is for research."

"Telling me I can't touch you when you are just so soft."

He trailed a finger down along me neck and I shivered.

"Surely one kiss won't hurt."

"Oh, no you don't!"

Akashi was yanked backwards and I sat up to see Midorima and Aomine scowling down at the red head who was lying on the floor.

"Kuroko, you should be stronger," said the green haired man before turning back to Akashi.

"If you can't obey by the rules I will make him stay with me while we finish this test. No touching, no kissing, no sex!"

"Besides today is not about you. Today is about me and you are late!"

"I know, sorry. Just give me a second to get ready."

Instead of leaving Midorima leant against the door and Aomine sat on the edge of the bed.

"Morning Tetsu."

"Good morning. How are you feeling?"

"If you think I am going to leave so the two of you can get back to it you are out of your mind, I will just wait here."

Midorima said answering Akashi's scowl. With a sigh the red head grabbed his clothes and headed into the small bathroom to get cleaned up. Aomine turned back to me and ran his fingers through his hair. From the way it stood up at all angles he had done that a few times already this morning. I got to my knees and brushed it with my fingers.