"you can't fix him, maya"

4: you can't fix him, maya

The next morning I woke up late

The next morning I woke up late. I could tell by the light coming into my room through my annoyingly sheer curtains. I didn't usually mind, I hated early mornings, but I knew I hadn't woken up earlier because my dad wasn't there to wake me.

I heard loud meowing coming from the other side of my door and I groaned quietly, knowing Oscar either wanted in or needed to go out. I stretched as I flung the blankets off of me and yawned simultaneously. I got out of bed slowly and walked to my door. I opened my door and as I looked down at my cat, he meowed and turned around to run down the stairs. I sighed and followed him, knowing he wanted to go outside.

I skipped down the stairs and walked to the front door, unlocking it and opening it swiftly. I was greeted by a lifted hand, in the shape of a fist and I jumped in surprised.

"Oh, uh, good morning," Sam said, laughing. "Good timing? I thought you'd be asleep."

"Well, I was..." I sighed and turned around, walking to the kitchen. I heard Sam close the door and a couple seconds later, she walked into the kitchen.

"So, the tables have turned? Why am I the morning person this morning?" Sam asked as she set her things down on the ground, next to the island. She walked to the fridge, knowing her way around the house just as well as I did. "Did you wander off to Noah's last night and get drunk? Are you hungover?"

"No, Sam." I rolled my eyes and climbed onto one of the stools, taking a lot longer than I usually would. I was exhausted. I laid my head down on the counter and looked over at Sam as she looked through the fridge. "Well, I didn't drink..."

Sam whipped her head in my direction and raised an eyebrow at me. I sighed and closed my eyes before covering my face.

"You went over there?" Sam asked me and I nodded slowly. "Why? Did you go with somebody?"

"Christian didn't want to go alone, so I went with him, but I didn't stay very long." I bit my lip nervously as I tried to decide whether I should tell her about Calum or not.

"What aren't you telling me?" I looked up at Sam, and furrowed my eyebrows, wondering how she knew I wasn't telling her something. "Maya, I'm not stupid. What aren't you telling me?"

"Calum walked me home... and I made him coffee," I blurted out and Sam slowly closed her eyes. She made the exact face when she was about to get a headache, which happened a lot. "He was here for maybe thirty minutes, maybe a little longer, but not long. I promise."

"You let Calum Hood into your home?" Sam asked me and I nodded. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, Sam, I'm perfectly fine. Thanks." I rolled my eyes and propped my head up, placing my chin in my palm as I rested my elbow on the counter. "He's... kind of nice."

"Don't tell me you've got feelings for the boy," Sam warned me, sending me a glare.

"Of course not..." I trailed off, looking away from her. "Sam, I'm asking this completely theoretically, okay? I promise you that at this point in time I do not like the boy, but if I were to like him... why would that be so bad?"