"i have plenty of fun"

7: i have plenty of fun

I woke up slowly and my eyes felt heavy

I woke up slowly and my eyes felt heavy. The way I was laying was incredibly uncomfortable, and the longer I was awake, the more prominent the pain in my back became. I opened my eyes and started to look around, quickly realizing I wasn't in my bedroom... or in a bed.

My head was resting on something fairly soft, and as I lifted it, I noticed an unfamiliar sweater. My eyes adjusted to the dim light and as I looked over beside me, I saw a familiar face near mine.

I was asleep, on the floor, next to Calum. I quickly pushed myself up as I realized how disoriented I was and began to look around. The rest of us were passed out across the hallway, Sam was to the other side of me, and Noah was at our feet, near Michael. I looked over to the other side of the hall and suddenly remembered why we were all here.

I slowly stood up and walked over Sam, to the door we were all laying outside of. We had fell asleep waiting for Luke to get off the phone with Abbie. I slowly turned the knob and was surprised to find it unlocked. I peaked my head inside the bathroom and furrowed my eyebrows as I found it empty.

I decided to search for Luke, knowing I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep. I stepped over Sam again, and then Calum, to get to the rest of the house. I walked through the room off of the living room, and slowly made me way to the main family room. I saw Luke sitting on the couch, staring down at his phone. The television was on, but it was muted. I stayed in the entrance of the living room, and Luke eventually looked up at me. He jumped as we made eye contact, and, it was so sudden, I jumped too.

"Fucking hell," Luke said as he laid his head against the couch. I laughed quietly and made my way over to him. I motioned toward the couch, asking if I could sit, in a sense. He nodded his head, eagerly, and I sat beside of him.

"I'm really sorry, Luke... I shouldn't have said anything earlier. I don't know you, I'm good at acting on assumptions and... it wasn't fair of me to treat you like that." I immediately started to apologize to Luke and he slowly smiled at me.

"It's okay, Maya... don't apologize, okay? You were right," Luke told me, nodding his head slowly. "I can't believe you guys waited for me out there." Luke started to laugh to himself and I tilted my head at him. He noticed the look I was giving him out of the corner of his eye and slowly sighed. "I had a really nice talk with Abbie... which would never have happened if you hadn't said anything. We talked for nearly four hours... I can't thank you enough for, in a weird way, pushing me to call her."

"It went well?" I asked, hoping it had gone better than worse. For both his sake, but Abbie's as well.

"Yeah... it went well," Luke told me, a smile never leaving his face. "I was excited to tell you guys that I had finally told Abbie I was a fuck up, and that I had apologized for everything I did wrong, but... I walked outside, and you all were just... there."