Down at the Creek

Charles skipped a stone across the creek and watched the water ripple. Next to him, Aaron Burr was messing with the laces on his new converse, making sure they didn't get dirty from the mud. A little bit away, Charles's truck had the radio on, blaring every song by U2 that he had on his iPod.

Aaron blinked and looked up, noticing that Charles was staring at him. Charles simply shook his head, looked back at the creek, and skipped another stone. 4 skips. A new record.

Aaron stood up and went up to Charles. He took a stone from his hands, skipped it across the lake, and smiled. 6 skips. Charles now had a new record to beat. He playfully shoved Aaron away and skipped another stone. 3 skips.

"You ruin everything," Charles sighed, sitting down on their log. Aaron sat next to him and replied, "Not as much as you ruin everything." Charles rolled his eyes and snaked an arm around his waist. "I hate you." He giggled. Aaron shook his head and swiftly pulled Charles into his lap.

"Oh I'm sure you hate me so so much, yeah?" Aaron joked. Charles nodded and leaned down. His lips gently grazed Aaron's neck, searching for a good spot to mark. Aaron hooked his thumbs into Charles's belt loops, pulling him closer.

Aaron let out a sigh as Charles began marking him. He slipped his hands up Aaron's shirt and Aaron hummed in approval. He ran his hands through Charles's hair, tugging a bit. Charles whined and continued his work, painting Aaron's neck like it was a canvas.

"I hate you too." Aaron whispered, pulling Charles off of his neck. Charles smiled, kissed his best friend on the lips, and whispered, "I know, Ronnie, I know."