Drunk

I dedicate this shit to none other than 6rocky9.

Alexander Hamilton could have called anybody in his contacts. He was stranded at the bar, unable to catch a cab, and drunk out of his mind. So maybe we should correct the first senstence.

Sober Alexander Hamilton could have called anybody in his contacts. But drunk Hamilton has different plans that night. He called his ex boyfriend, George Washington.

The breakup still haunted Alex. He had driven George's current present day girlfriend to self inflicting pain by insulting her over and over. It had never occured to him that she might do that. But, she did. Washington had been so angry at Alex and he didn't know what to do. He remembered yelling back and forth, losing his side of the argument. An argument he never wanted in the first place.

Alex sent a sloppy text to Washington and waited on the bench. It didn't even occur to him that he had called Washington. He just knew he sent out a text and they had replied with a simply okay.

Sure enough, ten minutes later, Washington pulled up in his 2017 Chevy Cruz. Alex stumbled to the car and got in the front seat. He gave Washington a drunken smile before slowly putting his seatbelt on. It was silent for a few seconds before Washington asked, "Why did you call me? John was free. Thomas was free."

Washington was annoyed. He hadnt talked to Hamilton since the break up (which was about a year ago) and now he suddenly texted saying he needed a ride home. Damn right he was annoyed. He had been peacefully laying in bed with his girlfriend, America. But, he had gotten a dumb phone call at 1 in the morning. And now he was driving a drunk Hamilton home.

Hamilton giggled and took a swig of the beer can he had with him. Washington reached over and took it away, throwing it out the window and into the grass beside the road. Hamilton frowned.

"What was that for!" He whined. Washington rolled his eyes and scolded, "You should not be drunk. Especially when there's a storm out like tonight." Hamilton simply rolled his eyes. "Yeah," He scoffed, "Whatever.

The silence didn't stay long.

"Hey, Georgey, I like your eyes~" Hamilton giggled, trailing a hand to George's hand. George kept his hands at 10 and 2 on the steering wheel. He ignored Hamilton, knowing that he was simply drunk.

"Talk to meeeeeeeeeee!" Alex whined. "I'm boooooooooored!" Washington rolled his eyes once again. "I'm not your only source of entertainment." Washington snapped. He drummed his fingers along the steering wheel, growing impatient.

Alex giggled and kept himself very, very close to Washington. Close enough to make it less than plaronic. Close enough so that it was weird. Close enough that it would look out of place or odd.

Alex held onto one of his arms, pulling that hand away from its proper place on the steering wheel. He forcefully intertwined their fingers. A giggle slipped past his lips when George rolled his eyes and tried shoving him away. "You're no fun anymore, Georgey!" Alex complained.

"I have a girlfriend. A very loving one. Unlike you, I don't go out drinking and sleeping with people. We have different definitions of fun, Hamilton." Washington snapped. His voice was cold and sharp. It sent a chill down Alexander's spine.

And he was now changing. The flirty drunk was turning into the sad drunk. Alex remembered America. Her bright excited smile and sparkling blue eyes. Her sweet caramel skin and bouncy, curly hair. She was the perfect girlfriend for Washington.

Alexander pulled away from George. He scooted as far away from him as he could get. The window seemed inviting, so he leaned his head against it, listening to the rain hitting it from the outside.

How could he forget that George didn't love him? Maybe he never did. Alex didn't care. The point was that George didn't love him now. He was probably making him disgusted, uncomfortable, and annoyed. Touching him and holding his hand. Alex felt tears form in his eyes just as they pulled up to his house.

"Why'd you go drinking tonight anyway? I thought you didn't drink when it rained?" Washington asked, unlocking the doors. Alex grabbed his beer and stepped out of the car.

"You don't know what today is, do you?" Alex mumbled. George raised an eyebrow and Alex forced a laugh out. He turned to Washington and whispered, "Happy anniversary." Before George could say anything else, Alex was already out of the car and walking to the house.

Washington drove home in silence, to his girlfriend.

I'm sorry I just love crying, drunk, lonely ass Alexander Hamilton.