Opposing Sides AU

Everybody starts their morning differently.

Pastor Aaron Burr starts his morning with a prayer before getting out of bed and starting his day.

Charles Lee starts his morning by shutting his laptop off and getting two hours of sleep because he didn't bother sleeping like a normal person.

Thomas Jefferson usually starts his morning being woken up by a frightened worker before shooting them dead and marching to the showers.

Pastor Aaron Burr gets in a button up shirt and some clean jeans before walking to the bathroom to put a bit of mascara on.

Charles Lee is still sleeping.

Thomas Jefferson gets in the showers and with one glare sends all of his workers finishing up and scrambling out of there.

Pastor Aaron Burr feeds his kitty, Marvin, before getting in the car and driving to starbucks for a coffee.

Charles Lee... is still sleeping.

Thomas Jefferson gets out of the shower and goes back to his quarters to change into a suit and tie. The usual magenta suit and white tie still brings a smile to his face when he looks in the mirror.

Pastor Aaron Burr gets to the starbucks drive through only for a soccer mom with three or four kids to zoom in front of him and take his spot in the line of cars. He sighs and checks his wallet to see if he can pay for her. Once he knows he can he goes inside to do so.

Charles Lee is now half awake and making ramen in a cup. He walks downstairs to his store and looks out the window to see people waiting for it to open. Lee smiles and points at the closed sign before going back to his noodles. He laughs maniacally.

Thomas Jefferson goes to office to see what they'll be doing today. With a long sigh he looks over the building plans for their new building and he wonders how he's going to win the church and shop building over for his plans.

Aaron ends up getting coffee spilled over his church clothes, but rather than lashing out, he offers to pay for the person that the drink was going to. The waitress gives him a weird look but he still pays for it.

Lee opens the store of many wonders and lets the customers inside. He's still in his pajamas, but any regulars would know not to ask or judge him for it. Last people that did were thrown out. Literally.

Thomas gets his stuff together, calls James up, and asks if he would like to go to church with him. James laughed for three minutes straight at the request but managed to get a yes out and said he would meet him at the starbucks.

Aaron was leaving the starbucks the same time Thomas was walking into it. They made a split second of eye contact. Thomas gave the short man a scowl while Aaron gave him a smile and held the door open for him. He made a mental note to give a little prayer that the man would have a good day.

Lee gets in a shitty argument with the church band next door about the fact that they're playing too loud and he can't hear himself think. As great as it is that they play current christian music rather than homilies and hymns, it's loud as fuck.

Thomas gets in the car with James and they argue about why he needs that specific building site and Thomas defends that it's in the lower part of New York and far away from the police departments.

That morning around ten am, Aaron walks into the church with his starbucks and the coffee stain still on his shirt. He has a plan to talk about in the message today, because it's rather fitting with what he was going to talk about. When he walks in he sees the band all standing near the back of the worship room and he sighs. Aaron walks to the front and makes sure he has what he needs. Tablet, bible, pencil, his sense of humor for whatever happens, and his tolerance for crying babies.