cute laflee stuff

He was French.

Yes, the man who was continuously making trips to his workplace was French. He was also tall, very tall, at least six feet. Everything about the man was captivating to Charles. His hair was black and curly, always pulled up into a tight bun upon his head like a halo to an angel. But saying that Gilbert de Lafayette was an angel would be ridiculous to say. His "halo" would more likely be devil horns upon his head. The man had a dark sense of humor with tidal waves of sarcasm laced and intertwined with the words. His skin was a light brown, similar to coconuts. Charles internally joked that the man practically was a palm tree, tall and the perfect color. He had a wonderful body build, or at least that was what he assumed. From the tight tshirts he would wear, Charles could see the outline of his abs. He could only imagine what it looked like under the shirt.

From stalking the man's facebook, twitter, and instagram he had learned a lot. Lafayette loved to read, but mostly read romance and action. He read realistic fiction, things that could happen in real life. But Charles also found out that fanfiction littered his wattpad here and there. Some old stuff though, mostly fanfiction based on books that already existed. No divergent or twilight though, thank God. He also was an expert on makeup. Instagram showed that perfectly. He had some makeup tutorials, which were popular among him, his friends, and some random makeup people on the internet. His friends were Alexander Hamilton, Hercules Mulligan, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, Aaron Burr, John Q Adams, and Marie Antoinette. Also, sadly, his ex boyfriend John Laurens.

The one piece of information that no social life Charles Lee could not seem to find no matter where he went though, was whether or not this man was single or not. This french handsome devil from heaven had been coming into his barnes and noble to read books and get coffee for about five months now. So far, he had only had one real conversation with him (not counting things that were mandatory to say to customers like "find everything okay?" and things like that). That conversation was on where the nearest bathroom was and if there were any other good bookstores in the area. Charles, not wanting this man to ever leave his store, lied and said there was a bathroom in the store and this was the only good bookstore for miles.

Charles was getting tired of watching this man pass by in his life and never making a move. His coworker and drug dealer buddy, Sam Adams, was tired as well.

"Lee, buddy, pal," He sighed, "Just go talk to him." Charles huffed and pushed his glasses up on his face. Sam huffed, "Why are you so scared? You're a human being, he's a human being. Perfect match!"

Charles muttered, "What if I say something stupid?"

"Then you laugh it off and continue talking and hope that you don't say something stupid again." Sam laughed, shoving him lightly. He walked back to his side of the counter and started counting money in the register. "I mean, come on, man. This guy has been coming here for months now. He probably already wants to talk to you." Charles frowned and started sorting the pens and pencils and on display on his counter. He stayed silent, knowing that arguing with Sam was next to impossible, especially when he was wrong.

The ring of the front door entry bell caught Lee's attraction. But he didn't look up from his work, not until he was completely sure that the man wasn't looking at Charles. Once Lafayette was walking towards an isle, Lee looked up and watched him walk, sighing at the sight. He was thin and tall, but that didn't mean his body didn't have some attraction to it. Sam snickered and rolled his eyes, shoving Charles playfully once again.

"Stare much?"

"Shut up, man!"

"Just saying, you're studying his ass like you're taking finals on it."

"NO IM NOT SAM YOU FU-"

"Pardon me but I'm looking for a certain book and it's not on your shelves?"

Charles turned and froze up, unable to answer Lafayette. He was leaning over the counter, smiling patiently. His hair was in its usual bun and he was wearing a dark navy blue sweater shirt that went to just above his knees. Underneath that he wore black leggings and navy blue knee high boots. Charles' face turned bright red as he stammered through his sentence.

"What, um, what... what book are you..." Charles trailed off. He muttered, "God dammit." Sam snorted and walked away before he could ask for help. Charles took a deep breath and tried again. "What... book are you looking for, Laf- sIR! Stranger that I don't know the name of at all because I don't stalk all of your social media accounts like a love sick puppy!" Lafayette giggled and covered his mouth a bit, his face a light pink mess.

He answered, "Well, stranger, I am looking for the book Fangirl. My friend, John, has been begging me to read it and it sounds pretty cute, so I want to give it a try. Do you have it in stock?" Charles knew for a fact that the book wasn't in stock. It had a recent spike in popularity and almost every other customer had bought the book. He sighed and frowned, ready to break the news that they were sold out.

But the smile on the devil's face was too much. He looked so excited and happy to read this book and get started it. Charles had already learned that when Lafayette wanted to read a book. He wanted to read that book and that book only. So, Charles looked under the counter and took out his own copy of the book, taking the bookmarks out and handing it to him. Lafayette squealed and took the book, flipping through it.

His eyes immediately spotted a little paragraph letter addressed to Charles in the inside of the book. This wasn't a store book, this was his personal copy of the book. He frowned and stated, "This is yours I can't take this it would be wrong. I don't know you or where you live so I could never return it!" Charles sighed and shook his head.

"Listen, I can, I can tell you're really excited about, about this book. So you can take my copy okay? Just, uh, just make sure to return it, alright?" Charles stammered out. Lafayette smiled and held the book to his chest. He looked down at Charles and giggled a bit.

He flirted, "You're a very kind, handsome man. I have to repay you somehow, mon amour." Charles flirted at the french term and nodded a bit, unable to give a proper response to him. Lafayette giggled some more and bargained, "I'll take your offer but only if you let me buy you coffee later. Not here though, I'm sure you've had enough of your workplace yes? When is your break?" Charles stared at him for a full ten seconds, not sure what he was even asking.

Finally, his face turned bright red and he mumbled, "My break is i-in fifteen minutes actually. So if you, if you wanna have coffee then I'm free." Lafayette smiled, leaned over the counter, and kissed his cheek. Charles gasped and pulled away, covering his mouth. His entire face was blood red as Lafayette blew him a kiss and walked away to the starbucks so he could start reading. Lee took a few deep breaths before nodding a little and helping the line of customers that formed behind Laf. He worked quickly, his hands fidgeting as he knew that his devil from heaven was watching from afar over the top of his book.