SHOPPING!!!!!

DEMI'S POV

I was so excited to start shopping. I LOVED buying clothes for other people, and Robyn was no exception. "Where do you want to go first?"I asked, as I decked myself in what I hoped was a half decent disguise, including sunglasses plus a Yankees baseball cap to hide my telltale electric hair. I didn't have the patience for paparazzi mobs today.

"I dunno," Robyn shrugged. "I don't really go to the mall often. But I know where YOU want to go! TopShop!"

I laughed. "You're super creepy, ya know that right?" I told her, shoving her playfully.

She smiled. "And you love it, don't you!"

"Touchè," I admitted. "You're too cute, kiddo. C'mon, we have stuff to buy!!!!!" I sped up my pace and I caught sight of my favourite store-TOPSHOP!

"So," I asked. "Do you want to go pick out your own clothes, or do you want my help?"

"Well...on a scale of 1-10, I kind of have like a style score of -69, so...."

"Kay I'll come with you then," I assured, leading her to the jeans section and searching for their smallest sizes. I found a few zeros and plunked them into Robyn's outstretched arms.

"Go try these on, hun, and see if they fit, while I look for more stuff." I blushed, realizing I was sounding like a mom again. If anything, she should be more of a sister! I guess for now she could use both. God knows she could use as many family members as she can get right now. Hey...that was an idea...my baby sister Maddie was about the same age as Robyn...I'm sure they'd get along well! Whatever, I had time to think about that later.

"Focus, Demi, focus!" I told myself. Shirts...shirts...find the shirts...there they were! I picked her out a few long sleeve crop tops and some casual graphic tees. Remembering that she wouldn't want to wear tee shirts without something overtop to hide her arms, I recalled the jacket she was currently wearing, and I picked out a super cute leather jacket studded with little beads on the sleeves. I then headed towards the leggings section--TopShop had some pretty trippy fabric designs for their leggings that would go well with the plain leather jacket. As I started hunting for more zero sizes, I felt a tap on my shoulder. Shit. Probably a fan that recognized me! I turned around, but thankfully it was just Robyn, staring at her feet.

"What's up babe?" I asked.

"The, um, zeros are too baggy," she mumbled, holding up the skinny jeans.

"What!? That's almost the smalles--" I started, exasperated, before realizing that that probably wasn't the best thing to say at this moment. "You know what? That's fine, babe, we'll just have to find double zeros." I forced a smile, but I was really worried. I don't think I had EVER been a double zero; I went straight from the kid's sizes to a two or three!

"Here, try these leggings and show me how you look in them, and then we'll go, kay? You look tired."

"Will do," Robyn said, taking the leggings and retreating into the change room. She came out a minute later, slightly embarrassed, not meeting my eyes.

I sighed. She was too, too skinny. You could basically see her hip bones through the leggings! She did look beautiful, don't get me wrong, but unhealthy. Should I confront her about her weight now? Or wait until I had more evidence? I knew it might come to having to get professional help, but for now, I wanted to hold that off as long as possible, because I knew how awful it was for me, and I couldn't stand to inflict that on her unless it was unavoidable.

"Too cute, babe, too cute." I slapped her butt and told her to go get changed again, while I paid for everything. She came out, and, upon, seeing the huge bags I held, blushed.

"You didn't have to buy all that for me!" she said.

"Oh, but I did," I winked."Don't worry, I love shopping for people, especially cute little kids like you."

"Okay," Robyn said, and for once, she smiled a genuine smile. With her eyes crinkled and cheeks dimpled, she truly was beautiful.

"Out to the car then." I started to lead her towards the mall parking lot, but stopped short in front of Bath & Body Works when I noticed someone had knocked a sample container of Mango Body Cream onto the floor. As I stooped to put back the sample onto the table, my hat fell to the floor.

"There she is!" I heard someone shout. "Demi!"

"Shit," I muttered under my breath. Paparazzi. They must have found out I was here and came to look for me.

"Robyn, duck and run with me," I ordered harshly. I shoved my hat back onto my head, and, keeping our faces low and eyes to the ground, we sprinted for the entrance. Unfortunately, by the time we had gotten to the door, a mob had surrounded us.

"DEMI, DEMI, WHO'S WITH YOU? Can I have a picture? What do you have to say about the X Factor getting cancelled? Demi! Demi!" Fans and photographers swarmed us, touching our clothes, pulling our hair, and trying to shoved papers in my face, as we were buffeted back and forth by the crowd. Camera flashes pieced our eyes and the red light of recording camcorders swam in my vision as I started to panic. Hold on. What about Robyn! ROBYN?

"Robyn? Robyn, grab my hand," I ordered, but when I looked beside me, there was no one there, but in the distance, I could see a shock of messy brown hair sprinting in the opposite direction, back into the mall.

"WHAT THE FUCK, ROBYN!" I bellowed to no one in particular. "FUCK OFF, FUCK OFF, ALL OF YOU!" I roared at the reporters, pushing them out of the way. "FUCKING PRICKS." Hysterical and almost in tears, I was past the point of trying to watch my mouth. I finally burst out of the mob and sprinted in the direction that I had seen Robyn. She was gonna be in SO much trouble. Where the fuck did she think she was going?

Half an hour later, I finally found her in one of the food court washrooms, after searching almost the whole mall. "WHAT. THE. FUCK. DID. YOU. THINK. YOU. WERE. DOING? You can't just run off!" I started. "I'm trying to fucking help you! You can't just run away!" I took her hand without looking at her and started to drag her towards the car, yelling at her the whole time. I knew I was overreacting, but how was I supposed to help her if she was just gonna try to escape at every chance? Finally, when we got to the car, I turned to face her, my eyes fiery and my lips set in a straight line, but my expression changed when I took her in fully. Tears streamed down her face, and she was a pale white. Her whole body shook.

"Ohmigod, babe, I'm so sorry! What's wrong?" Fuck, how did I not notice her bawling her eyes out? I wrapped my arms around her, and felt her go limp in my grasp, almost pulling me to the ground. She had fainted. "The fuck?" I mumbled, and almost dropped her when I realized the cause. Blood pooled all around our feet, and as I followed its path upwards, up Robyn's leg, across her stomach, and then the final destination, her left arm, the full weight of what had just happened set in.

My mind went into overdrive. Thank god I was experienced in this sort of thing. I laid her on the ground and pulled off the leather jacket. Keeping my front facing her at all times, I slowly backed up towards my car and got out the emergency first aid kit from under the front seat. My hands shaking, I got out the antiseptic, gauze, and bandages, and carefully applied them to her lower arm, which was mangled and cut up so much, there wasn't a centimeter of untouched skin. Did she try to cut her fucking arm off? Cuz that's what it looked like. Good thing she was unconscious, because otherwise the antiseptic would have hurt like a motherfucker. Once I finished, I picked her up and placed her lying horizontally in the car, then got in myself, making a mental note to drive a bit slower than usually, maybe only 10 miles over the limit rather than 20 or 30 like normal.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

A shoutout goes to @jenna_lovatic and @soccer01 , my lovely commenters!