Chapter 18

DEMI'S POV

Well, today had been eventful, alright. I had finally gotten Marissa and Selena out of the house after promising them over and over that I could handle myself, and the girls were holed up in Maddie's room together. Checking the time, I realized that it was 4:27 PM, great! My favorite crime show was on in three minutes! I plopped down on the couch and kicked my feet up, letting all my current worries fade away into the back of my mind for the time being to let my brain turn to mush under the influence of mind-numbingly cheesy murders and mass shootings.

Ten minutes into my show, my cellphone rang. Debating whether to pick it up or not, I checked the caller ID and saw that it was from my manager. Sighing, I accepted the call.

"Hi, sorry do you think you could call me back at another time? I'm kind of busy...um...feeding my...sister's cats," I lied. Where did I come up with that? I hate cats. Creepy ass little motherfuckers never liked me either. Always clawing me up and shit. Whatever.

"Can you put the feeding of your cats on hold for a later time? We need you to come into the studio to discuss your upcoming tour," my manager pleaded.

"Can't it wait?" I complained. What was I supposed to do with Robyn and Maddie? I couldn't leave them at home; they might try to do something stupid like run off again. I guess that meant I had to drag them there with me.

My manager groaned. "I'm really sorry Demi, you know I wouldn't have called in the first place unless it was absolutely urgent. Get here ASAP please." He hung up without letting me even reply. RUDE. Oh well. I guess I had to get ready for the studio.

I ran upstairs and knocked on Maddie's door. "I'm coming innnnn!" I called, opening the door to see them both sprawled lazily over Maddie's bed.

"You guys are supposed to be grounded, meaning you stay in your OWN rooms," I reminded them.

"But we're sleeping!" Robyn protested.

"Robyn, you have your own bed too y'know."

"Yeah, well...Maddie's is comfier, okay?"

I smiled. "You guys have the exact same beds, stupid."

"Whatever," she mumbled, sinking under a pile of blankets. "Go awayyyyy. We're tired."

"Too bad!" I said cheerily. "Get off your lazy ol' asses 'cause I've gotta pop into the studio for a quick meeting.

"I'm too tired!" Robyn grumbled.

"And I thought we weren't supposed to leave our rooms?" Maddie piped up.

"Yeah, well...I can't exactly leave you two alone, can I?"

"Yes, you can!" Maddie and Robyn chorused simultaneously.

"Fat chance," I replied. "You better be dressed and ready to go by the front door in fifteen minutes, or else!"

"Or else what?" Maddie asked slyly.

"Or else...um...I'll figure something out. Now get up!" Damn those smart-aleck girls.

I went to my own room to take a quick shower, then stepped out and pulled my hair into a high bun. Not bothering to refresh my makeup, I pulled on a pair of black leather leggings, my TEXAS hoodie, and Uggs. I looked trashy as fuck, but my management team had seen me way worse, so whatever. I'm sure they could deal with it. I turned off all my room lights and exited my room, heading back downstairs. The girls were waiting by the door, smiling sweetly, and I groaned when I saw what they were wearing. Matching leather jackets, ripped black jeans, combat boots, and both with flannels around their waist. Those little brats, oh god. At least it was better than them wearing my merch again or something.