Chapter 22

DEMI'S POV

As soon as I left the girls at the house, I jumped back into my car and into the back seat, pulling my purse out. Rummaging around in my massive bag, I pulled out the silky fabric I was looking for and smoothed it out on one of the car seats. Quickly checking that no one was nearby, I changed as quickly as I could, pulling off my shirt and pants and yanking the curve hugging dress on. Risky business, changing in the car, I know, but I needed to look good for Selena and I didn't want the girls seeing me all dressed up. Climbing back into the front seat, I started the ignition and made my way to Starbucks.

I was honestly really confused about my feelings for Selena. Was the kissing, the hugging, the everything...was it just a one time thing? Are we supposed to just forget about that and move on like it never happened? Because I truly don't think I could live with that. But I also don't even know if I like her, or if she even likes me. What if we were just acting on adrenaline and impulse, and I show up at Starbucks and I realize I don't feel the way I did yesterday? I'm not even supposed to like girls! I've had guy crushes all my life, haven't I? But then again...maybe that's all they were. Crushes. Now that I think about it, I don't think I’ve ever truly felt love before. Maybe my true love is really meant for a girl, as cheesy as that sounds. Maybe that love has been with me this whole time, right in front of me, and I was too busy worrying about myself to see it! Maybe, my true love was Selena.

Arriving at Starbucks, I shook myself out of my deep thoughts and stepped out of the car. From outside, I could see Selena through the coffee shop's window, a slight figure hunched alone at a table. My heart started to beat faster and my palms prickled with nervousness. It was an emotion I was unaccustomed to feeling in relation to my best friend. She was normally my rock; my lifeline; the girl I could always depends on, but now, although she still is all of those things, there was something behind it all, something that told me that I really better not mess this up.

Taking a deep breath, I pushed the Starbucks door open, letting it jangle shut behind me with a haunting finality. The minute I stepped into the building, Selena stood up at her table and waved excitedly, so I smiled and walked over.

“This is your favourite, right?” she asked, sliding a grande drink across the table.

I sat down and span the cup around to the side with the little boxes. Nonfat, no whip, sugar-free, caffeine-free (sucks for my bi-polar issues...totally messes with my mood), extra caramel, caramel latte. “Exactly,” I blushed. “You’re so sweet.”

Selena shrugged. “Least I could do after all you’ve been through these last few days.”

I smiled weakly. “Really, though, Sel. Thank you for...everything. I’d die if I didn’t have you.”

Selena reached across the round granite table and grabbed my hand. “That’s what friends are for, right?”

“About that…” I started. “Is that what we are? Friends? Or…”

“I dunno.” Selena shifted uncomfortably in her seat and shrugged.

"Wait, so was what happened with us last night, was that just...a one time thing?" I asked, my heart dropping. I should have known better than to get my hopes up. Why would someone as perfect and beautiful as Selena ever choose me over the 7 billion other people in the world?

"NO!" Selena shouted, then realizing we were in a public place, dropped her voice back to normal level. "I mean, no! Well, unless you wanted it to be. I don't want to put pressure on you or anything, but...I really hope that we could...do something like that...again?" Her voice turned upwards into a question as she eyed me nervously.

"I don't know, Sel. I want to, but what if it's a mistake? You're really special to me, and I don't want you to just be another one of my mistakes."

Selena took a long breath and exhaled slowly. "I can't say for sure that I won't be a mistake, but, Demi, even if I am a mistake, who said mistakes have to be all bad?"

"I suppose we do learn from mistakes..." I trailed off teasingly, a smirk threatening to take over my face.

"Demetria Devonne Lovato-Hart, it would be an honor to be one of your mistakes, if that's what it takes to be with you," Selena breathed as she leaned over the table and kissed the bridge of my nose.

I laughed, pushing her away. "You're so nauseatingly cheesy and adorable you're gonna make me barf," I groaned.

"But seriously," Selena said, getting back into her seat. "Are we going to do this?"

"Yes," I smiled. "I'd love for you to be my mistake."

Selena didn't answer, and instead, looking me in the eye, quietly said, "BAM BAM!"

I jumped in surprise, and when I recovered, I shot her a bemused expression. "What was that?" I asked.

"Those," Selena said, leaning forward, like she was about to tell me a huge secret, "were explosions...of love."

There was a moment of silence, and then we burst out laughing. "You are so fucking weird, you know that?" I managed to choke out once I had calmed down.

"Aw thanks." Selena flipped her hair over her shoulder jokingly. "Anyways, why did you tell me to get dressed up? I didn't do all this for nothing, did I? I feel so overdressed in this Starbucks!" She gestured to her tight blue strapless dress and matching 5 inch heels.

"Ummm," I said hesitantly. "Technically it wasn't for NOTHING, because I got to see you wearing it, and...y'know...I totally enjoyed the sight, but yeah, beside that it was for nothing. See, I was gonna take you out for a really nice lunch at an expensive restaurant, but now that seems so normal and boring. I was thinking we could do something better, like...I dunno, any suggestions? I have extra street clothes in my car's trunk that you can borrow."

"Actually," Selena said, an excited glint in her eyes, "I know just the place!"

2 hours later, we pulled out of the Extreme Air Park parking lot, red faced and breathless.

"Whoever came up with the idea of combining trampolines with dodgeballs, foam pits, basketball, and even more trampolines deserves to go to heaven," Selena stated breathlessly.

“Amen,” I agreed, wiping beads of sweat off my forehead as I handed Selena my phone. “Can you put the video of me doing that awesome jump on Keek for me, Sel?”

“Sure thang, babe,” Selena said, grabbing my phone. “And what are we doing now?”

“Um..are you free tonight?” I asked.

“Nah, I’m pretty expensive actually,” Selena replied nonchalantly.

I opened my mouth and closed it again, taking a minute to process what she had said before bursting out laughing. “Very funny, Sel. Though I do agree, you’re priceless. But seriously. I was thinking we could go back to my house and hang with the girls for a while?” I suggested. “I wanna make sure they’re not getting into trouble.”

“Sounds good,” she agreed. “Anything’s fine as long as you’re there,” she said, wiggling her eyebrows. Oh God, Selena.

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

Shit sorry guys this is sooooo fucking awful and short but I have to go make dinner for my family and then I have a piano recital so I didn’t have much time. I just wanted to update because I haven’t for so long! This chapter is dedicated to @nikki101010 for her hilarious plot suggestion...which I’ll be using in an upcoming chapter ;)))))

Keep on commenting plots and ideas for a chance to get a dedication! And thank you for 12.5 K reads, its unbelievable!

Love y’all,

Emily

PS Am I the only annoyed by all the people moaning about Demi’s “favouritism” towards Brazil? Like seriously, she’s talking about Brazil so much because she’s IN Brazil! When she’s in London she’ll talk about London, and when she’s in Mexico she’ll talk about Mexico! Chill the fuck out kids!