Chapter 23

BEA'S POV

"Okay, what do y'all want for dinner?" Maddie shouted from the kitchen.

Robyn and I looked at each other. "Uhmmm..." Robyn stuttered. "I don't really care, I'm not really hungry actually."

"Me neither, I think," I agreed.

"Really? But we didn't even have lunch! I'm starving! I'll order Chinese for all of us."

Twenty minutes later, we were sitting around the kitchen table with 4 little tins of food, all with different dishes to share. Maddie pulled the tin of sweet and sour chicken towards her and piled some onto her already heaping plate of chow mien, then began to dig in. I debated on what to eat. My mom had already made me eat an entire pop-tart this morning, so I didn't want to eat much else. I decided on one of those lettuce wraps with meat filling.

Slowly nibbling my lettuce, I watched Robyn and Maddie ensue in a heated silent eye war. Don't know what I'm talking about? Well, you're sure missing out. Maddie and Robyn's eyes were locked to each other's, and they were both frowning and shaking their heads at each other. Maddie's eyes widened furiously as she gestured towards the food on the table with her head, and Robyn shrank back in her seat. I don't think they realized I was sitting right beside them, my head supported by my elbows which were leaning on the table as I watched their silent tennis match.

Finally, Robyn seemed to win, and she leaned back, satisfied, in her chair as Maddie flopped back into her seat, picking up her fork again and shoveling noodles into her mouth.

"So," I said, in an attempt to break the silence. "Who's up for some vine-making?"

Everyone's face lit up, and to my relief, we rushed to our phones in the living room, food forgotten.

---------

We were sitting in the living room making vines when a knock at the door made us all jump.

"Damn it that sound ruined my vine! Bea-Bea, get the door pleeeease?" Maddie moaned, lazily rolling over on the floor.

"Yes your majesty," I replied, but I got up to open the door anyways. To my surprise Demi and Selena were standing at the door, and my heart caught in my throat. I was still pretty new to the music business, and seeing celebrities that I had looked up to when I was younger still was pretty exciting. Demi, I was used to, but Selena was a new one.

"H...hi Selena! I'm such a huge fan!" I babbled. Fuck, I sound like freaking dork. Curse social anxiety.

Selena smiled. "Bea, right? I've heard a lot about you! I was totally rooting on you during X-Factor.

"You....you were voting for ME?" I stuttered. "I mean," I coughed, "Thank you! Thank you so much! Anyways, what are you guys doing here?"

"We were doing some important business and decided to come back here afterwards to rest with y'all," Selena explained quickly. "Hope you don't mind if we chill with you kids for a little?"

Maddie came up behind me and leaned her chin on my shoulder. "When you say important business, you mean jumping on trampolines, right?"

"N...no...of course not." Demi looked down, blushing.

"I really do love paparazzi sometimes," Maddie said sweetly, waving her phone under Demi's nose, open to a page with the caption 'DELENA HANGS OUT AT TRAMPOLINE PARK'. She then presses a few more buttons on her phone and then shows it again, a Keek of Demi doing a straddle jump on a trampoline.

"....oops...caught," Demi mumbled, flustered. "Anyways, let's go in and hang or something."

I stepped aside, letting Selena and Demi into the room before shutting the front door. We all sat down on the big couch in front of the TV, and it was silent for a while as we all checked our phones like the teenage white girls we were. After a few minutes, I realized something was wrong. "Where's Robyn?" I suddenly piped up. I hadn't seen her since dinner.

Demi looked around, a half frown on her face. "ROBBBBYN! YOU UP THERE?" she shouted up the stairs.

"YEAH I'M FINE, JUST IN MY ROOM, I'LL BE DOWN SOON!" a voice danced down the stairs.

"Hold on, Robyn has a bedroom in your house?" I asked Maddie and Demi. "Didn't you say she was just a friend you met at the park?"

"Yeah....well...," Maddie paused. "Oh, well, her parents are on vacation right now, so she's staying with us for a while, right, guys?" She looked at Demi and Selena and they nodded vigorously in unison.

"Oh. I see," I said, nodding, even though I didn't see at all. It all seemed a little strange if you asked me, but whatever. It wasn't my place to prod, anyways. I turned back to my phone.

Ten minutes later, Robyn still hadn't made a reappearance. "YOU OKAY UP THERE?" I hollered at the ceiling.

Robyn's musical voice floated timidly back down to us. "Actually, Bea, could you come up here for a second?"

"Coming!" I called. I threw a hasty worried glance at Demi, who mouthed the words "Call me if you need help". What sort of gigantic problem did she think Robyn was having that would call for reinforcements?

I dashed up the stairs and halted at the landing, then heard a little Robyn-esque squeak from the washroom and dashed in there. Sitting on the floor was Robyn, rocking back and forth on the cold linoleum tiles with tears streaking down her face.

I rushed to her side. "Oh my god, honey, are you okay?" Robyn was only a year younger than me, but right now, she seemed more like my baby sister.

Robyn lifted her flushed face from her hands, and uttered four quiet words. Four quiet words that made me quickly back away from her and call down the stairs to the first name that popped into my head. "SELENA! Could you come up here please!"

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

AHAAHAH CLIFF HANGER! Shoutout next chapter to whoever guesses what the four words are, or what they are about! Y'all will never get it! 😂😂😂

PS pleaaaaase comment so that I know people are reading! I'm thinking of doing something like having a code word you can comment at the end of the chapter so I know how many people actually read this...I dunno yet, should I?

This chapter is dedicated to @ezriaforever35 , my wattpad bffl