Chapter 36

Chapter 36

DEMI'S POV

After waiting for Robyn to get her height and weight and reflexes and shit measured, she was finally allowed to change back into normal person clothes that actually covered all her body parts. Her reflexes were okay, but of course her weight was way too low. However, we didn't want to stress Robyn out at all, so I told the doctor to keep quiet about that.

Of course, through all of this, the whole family as well as Marissa and Selena had just been quietly chilling around the hospital. I texted all of them to meet up in the front lobby in an attempt to round everyone up so we could finally all meet.

First Marissa and Selena showed up, carrying bottles of vending machine beverages and looking a little too rowdy.

"Marissa...bought out...the entire...vending machine!" Selena spat out between giggles. "I've had so much caffeine and I am READY. TO. GO. MOTHAFUCKERS."

"Shh, Selena, calm down. Maybe you should just..sit down for a minute?" I suggested, patting Selena on the head. I groaned internally when I remembered that tonight was supposed to be me and Selena's private movie date night together, and that we were spending it in a hospital.

'More sex, less hospital visits' has been my motto since recovery (not really) and it didn't seems to be working out too well right now. Hmm...unless we were to have sex IN the hospital? We'd be achieving both parts of my motto at the same time! Hey, Chandler and Monica did it, why can't we?

Next, my mom and dad appeared, holding hands and smiling nervously. Okay, this was the key part. I desperately needed them to love Robyn as much as I did.

"Mom, Dad, this is my baby girl, Robyn!" I said, hugging Robyn close to me as she clutched my arms nervously.

"They're really nice, baby, don't worry," I whispered to her.

"I know, I'm just anxious, I can't help it," she breathed back, quickly plastering on a smile and greeting my parents.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. De La Garza! Mrs. De La Garza, I've seen you all over Demi's twitter but you're even more beautiful in person!"

What a charmer. I quickly remembered that Robyn used to be a huge Lovatic and probably stalked my social media 24/7.

"Aw, thank you dear," my mom smiled. "And don't be so darn formal! I'm just a wrinkly old ex-cheerleader, I'm no queen."

"What should I call you then?" Robyn asked, laughing. "And you look great for your age, definitely still Dallas Cowboys-worthy."

"Well, I'd tell you to call me whatever you used to call your grandparents, because I suppose that's what we are now, but that makes me seem all frail and old. So...what about what Demi calls us? Momma and Dad?"

Robyn smiled. "Sure, but Eddie, I was thinking Papa? I used to call my dad that, before he...well....left."

"I'd like that." My dad smiled shyly and produced something from behind his back that he had been hiding. "I made this for you...I may or may not have stolen the glove from a check up room," he winked, handing the present to her. It was a funky blown up plastic hand glove, tied with a knot at the end to keep it sealed.

"This is fabulous!" Robyn exclaimed, laughing. "Best present yet." She went to hug both of my parents, kissing each one delicately on the cheek, and I breathed out a sigh. Thank god that all worked out.

Finally, Maddie, Amber Lovato, Bea, and Braeden De La Garza all showed up, carrying soda cups from the cafeteria. I introduced Robyn to Amber and Braeden, who, ever the romantic, presented Robyn with a box of 'get well soon' chocolates and a bouquet of flowers.