Chapter 31

ROBYN'S POV

I opened my eyes. A bed, a Madison sleeping beside me, a TV, and a ton of cords and pokey things stuck into my arm. I was in a hospital. Fuck. How far had I gone?

I tried to raise my head to glance at my arms, but they were wrapped in thick white bandages. However, even without seeing the scars, I could tell they were deep. I cursed myself for being so stupid. I knew Demi would not ignore this incident. She was probably calling up every doctor in the area right now. Gah. So not cool with that.

Just then, I heard voices outside my door, and I strained to hear. It was Demi. The other voice was unfamiliar.

"What do you think I should do?" That was Demi.

The other voice replied. "It depends on what you think is best for her. For sure you should get her a nutritionist and personal trainer to work on her physical health. For her mental health, it's up to you."

"What do you think about in-patient treatment?" Demi again.

"It's a possibility, but I don't know if I would recommend it. She's a bit young."

"I agree, I don't know if I could put her through that. However, I really need her to get better, and I don't know how else to do that."

"Why don't I refer her to a CART (Child and Adolescent Response Team) professional. They'll have a few sessions with her, and if they think it's severe enough, they will send her file to your family doctor, who will prescribe meds."

"And if the meds don't work?..."

"We can try a CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) therapist, and if we need to, we can consider in-patient."

There was a long silence. "Yeah..." Demi said. "I just...really don't want to put her through that. I love her too much."

"Sometimes, what's best for someone isn't what they want," the doctor said wisely.

NO! I wanted to scream. Wrong! I don't need any help! Demi's right!

This was awful. The only way I could stay out of in-patient treatment, where they would make me gain weight and talk about my feelings and be away from Demi, would be to keep on making her think I was super fragile and wouldn't be able to handle it. That started now.

Demi walked into my hospital room, and I moved around a little, pretending to just wake up, slowly wrapping myself around Maddie, who was still sleeping beside me.

"Baby, are you awake?" Demi rushed to my bed.

I opened my eyes blearily. "Demi?"

"Yeah baby, it's me. Oh my god I was so worried. Don't EVER do that again."

"I'm sorry, Demi. I...I had to."

"Please, Robyn, next time, call me. I don't care when or where it is, if you have an urge to hurt yourself, you NEED to call me or Maddie or anybody. There are so many of us here for you. In fact, my whole family is downstairs in the waiting room, wanting to see you."

"Your WHOLE family?" I asked. "Who does that include?"

"Dallas, Rob, Eddie, Amber, and Dianna. And of course, Maddie right beside you and Marissa and Selena, who are basically family. And don't forget me!"

I tried to process that thought. Nine people came to see me? That's more friends than I've had in my entire life!

"Oh, and Jaiya is coming too, I called her."

"Wait WHAT!?" I shrieked. "SERIOUSLY?" Jaiya Hough has been my best friend for years. We met through the Lovatic fan base and hit it off immediately. Once we figured out we both lived in Texas, we took every chance we could get to see each other. She was the first person to whom I had told my entire family history, from beginning to end; the one person who no doubt understood me perfectly. She'd had quite the family history herself, and it felt good to know someone knew exactly how I felt. I hadn't talked to her since I had been adopted by Demi, and I missed her like crazy.

"She should be here in half an hour or so," Demi confirmed. "While we wait, do you wanna meet my family?"

I frowned. "I don't know...do you really think they should see me like this?" I gestured to my bandaged arms. "I mean, what will they think? Not exactly the first impression I was hoping to give, if you know what I mean."

"Oh honey...I forgot to mention...you see I kind of had to explain the situation to them."

"YOU TOLD THEM I CUT?" I roared. Crap. Now Demi's whole family knew I was a depressed cutting freak. Wonderful.

"Don't worry, Robyn. They're totally okay with it," Demi assured me calmly.

"OKAY? WELL, I'M NOT OKAY. THIS WAS MY ONE CHANCE TO HAVE PEOPLE ACTUALLY LIKE ME, AND YOU RUINED IT."

"Robyn!" Demi said in shock. "Everybody loves you! How could you say that?"

"Says you," I mumbled. "I know they all really do hate me. I can sense it."

"No way, you're making that up. We all love you."

I crossed my arms. "Tell that to my mother, because she's clearly not in on that game plan."

"But...I'm your mother! And I love you!" Demi said, confused.

"My real mother, idiot. Not everything's about you, Demetria," I said coldly. I regretted it immediately, but I had too much pride to take it back.

Demi's face paled, and my insides screamed at me for being so horrible to her. "I...I guess you're right," Demi whispered softly, and with that she turned her back and walked out of the room.

A/N:

Y'all are barely commenting anymore and it makes me sad :( I used to get like 20 comments and now I get 4. I really don't care about reads or votes but seriously when you comment it makes me SO HAPPY so please do :D

Also Jaiya is based on the character in @demiforever35 's story Maybe Just Luck so you guys should go read that because Jaiya is going to be playing a pretty big part from now on.

Anyways yeah thanks for reading!