Chapter 21

ROBYN'S POV

The door slammed and we all shot up from the couch. "Parrrtayyy time!" Bea shouted, turning up the music on her phone and twerking in the middle of the living room. I laughed and started to video her as Maddie joined in with vigorous pelvic thrusting.

"You guys have issues," I groaned, covering my eyes. "Let's watch a movie."

"TITANIC!" Bea screamed, pausing her dancing to grab onto my legs and beg. "Please? Pleaaaaase? PLEAAAASE?"

"NOOO!" Maddie whined. "I'm gonna cry! Let's watch a horror!"

"Even worse!" I argued. Me and horror movies didn't go well together. "Too scary!"

"Awww, little Robyn's scared!" Bea mocked. "C'mon it'll be fun! I love horror movies! We can cuuuuddle when you get scared!"

I weighed my choices. Cuddling with Bea wasn't a half bad idea, in my opinion, but it still wasn't worth the embarrassment of having them see me crap my pants when things jumped out in the movie, which was likely to happen. Still....

Finally, we settled on a movie. I refused all suggestions of horror movies, and finally Bea grinned and suggested a movie called The Grudge.

"It's this really hilarious comedy, you've seen it, right, Maddie?"

"Oh, yeah, The Grudge? So funny! Let's watch it!"

I hadn't ever heard of that movie before, so I agreed. If they both thought it was good, it probably would be. "You bitches set it up, I've gotta pee!" I announced to the room.

"Have fun," Maddie sang, already distracted trying to figure out how to set up the complicated TV system.

I went upstairs and did my business, and as I came back down the stairs, I heard whispering. "No, rewind! Stop! Right there, yeah that's good!" They must be restarting it for me, I assumed.

I entered the living room and screamed louder than the time I was seven and I went to my parents' bed room after a really bad nightmare and I walked in on my mom and dad....going at it...with handcuffs...and rope. Maddie and Bea snorted and giggled uncontrollably at my face, both with phone cameras pointed straight at me. I glared at them as I gestured to the TV screen. "You said it was a comedy, not a fucking horror!" A man so creepy it was bordering on stab-the-TV-screen worthy was plastered across the TV, holding a bloody knife and staring at the camera aggressively. When I had entered the room, the video had been playing and the man had been stabbing some woman.

"Calm down! Sheesh, it’s just a movie!" Maddie said, waving me off.

"I hate you guys," I pouted, folding my arms. "Making me look all untough."

"Aw don't be sad, Robyn!" Bea said, coming up behind me and wrapping her arms around my shoulders. "It's not like we're going to make you watch the whole thing or anything..."

"Just kidding, we are!" Maddie cackled. Sighhhh. I plopped down on the couch with Bea's arms still wrapped around me and we restarted the movie. It was awful. I mean, I can beat people up, walk through a cage of spiders, swim with sharks, but I just don't do horror movies.

"I'm gonna make popcorn!" I announced casually getting up from my seat.

"Oh no you don't!" Bea yelled dramatically, clinging onto me. You're staying right here and watching the movie! Maddie, go make popcorn!"

Maddie got up to go to the kitchen while I sulked on the couch. Suddenly, I had a stroke of genius. "Oh, Bea! I forgot! I have a surprise for you!"

Bea shook her head. "No way. You just wanna get out of the movie."

"No, seriously, Bea, I have such an awesome surprise for you!"