Chapter 26

DEMI'S POV

"Alright can we get started?" I called through the studio so everyone would hear.

I waited until I heard a chorus of "ready"s and "yeah sure"s, and then sipped a mouthful of water and stepped into the recording unit. I was recording the first track for my fifth album, and it was called Just Try. I slid the headphones onto my ears and cracked my knuckles. I was gonna get it perfect this time, I could tell. This song was hard for me to sing, because it was really emotional and made me tear up a little, but it was worth it for my Lovatics. I thought of Robyn. She would love this song. I decided to sing this for her. I'd dedicate it in honor of her recovery. It was about couple that had tried to make it work over and over, and one side of the couple begging the other to give them just one more chance. In my case, it was me begging Robyn to let me give her a hand to lift her back on her feet.

I want you and I together

Holding hands, always, forever,

I won't let all of this loving go to waste.

They say happiness is fleeting,

that love can be misleading,

I hope you don't think that will be the case.

I know you think we'll just fall down again,

Just like all the other times before.

But I think we should just try,

Yeah I think we should just try

Just try to make it like it was before.

Just try to put an end to war.

Just try to be alright because

Without you, I'll never be okay.

I know you're playing safe,

But love's a risk you have to take,

You shouldn't be afraid to close your eyes.

Just fall into the darkness,

Make my arms into your harness,

It's okay if we're blind if you're still mine.

I know you think we'll just fall down again,

Just like all the other times before.

But I think we should just try,

Yeah I think we should just try.

Just try to make it like it was before.

Just try to put an end to war.

Just try to be alright because

Without you, I'll never be okay.

Just try 'cause you're the part I can't replace,

Because without you my future's at stake,

Just say yes so we can build ourselves again,

And put the pieces back into place.

Just try to make it like it was before.

Just try to ignite that flame again.

Just try to get back what we had before,

Just try to put an end to war.

Just try to be alright because

Without you, I'll never be okay.

Just try.

"Alright, let's take a break!" I announced to the room at large, and removed my headphones. I liked the song, but I was kind of unhappy with the chorus, and has resung it about 50 times over today. Usually I'd keep going until I got it perfect, but I needed a break to check my phone. I may or may not have been waiting for a certain beautiful and sexy Hispanic (A/N I think that's right? Idk) girl to text me about our plans to see The Fault in Our Stars tonight.

Stepping out of the recording unit, I threw myself onto a spinney chair by the sound dashboard and pulled my phone out of my ass pocket. I shook my head at the little 'SELZ MA HUNKY S3X G0DD3SS' notification that popped up on my lock screen. I had a feeling Maddie hadn't been just wanting to 'play flappy bird' when she asked to borrow my phone yesterday.

Before seeing what Selena texted me, I texted Robyn and Maddie the same message. "Picking you two up 4 lunch 2day, meet me outside the school when the bell rings."

Exiting, that conversation, I eagerly tapped my ridiculously labelled conversation with Sel.

"Yo my home biscuit," Selena had texted me. "I checked the movie tickets online and there's TFIOS playing at Cineplex downtown at 5:00?"

"Okay," I replied.

"Okay," Selena texted back quickly.

"OMG stop flirting with me!!!!" I texted, hoping she'd get the reference. She did.

"Wow, we're sad people. Referencing book flirting through text. Pick u up @ 4:30?"

"K thanks," I replied. "R we doing anything after the movie?"

"Weeeeellllllll....u could come back to my place after for a little? ;)"

'Winky face? Totally gettin' da pussy tonight,' I whispered under my breath, internally giving myself a high five. I quickly texted back an enthusiastic agreement and then stuck my phone back in my pocket. I had to get going on my track. Just as I got up, I felt my butt vibrate. No, not a dildo. My phone.

I took it out again and checked the caller ID. The girls' school's office. Uh oh. "Hello?" I said, trying to sound old and professional.

"Is this Robyn's parent or guardian?" the voice on the other end asked. They sounded tired and a touch exasperated.

"Yes, this is she, Demetria Lovato." I giggled aloud at my own use of my full name. It sounded funny. I didn't use it often.

"Are you okay, Ms. Lovato?"

I took a breath and straightened my face. Act like a good, responsible parent. You can do it, Demi. "Perfectly fine. Is there something wrong?

"This is Robyn's math teacher, Mr. Zerbinos. Unfortunately, you won't be able to take Robyn out for lunch today. We've run into a little bit of a problem..."

-------

A/N short chapter, wanted to end it on a cliffhanger sorry!

just a BTW, my two best friends plus my one best internet friend read this fanfic so if your were hoping for Delena smut, getcho hands outta your pants and go fappitty fap fap your way to some other fanfic because writing smut for people that I see everyday is the first stop on the way to Emily-I'm-dropping-you-off-at-a-mental-institution-please-feel-free-to-never-visit-again-ville. Basically I'm saying: Get out, ya horny little fuckers, and pervatic on someone else's book. Like there'll be kissing and whatnot but no...descriptions, ex: "And then she slowly stuck her tongue out and licked the soft, slick length of my entire...grape-cherry flavored Popsicle. Duh. Mmmmm.

Aaaaaaanyways, in other news this chapter is dedicated to @devonnedrxw . Check out her fabulous stories!

Lastly: For that song, I took one of Demi's songs and changed the words. What song did I use? (It's pretty obvious). First to reply gets a dedication!

~~~emilyyyy