Chapter 24

ROBYN'S POV

After dinner, my stomach felt a little off, so I excused myself and left Bea and Maddie downstairs to go to the washroom. As I unbuttoned my jeans and sat on the toilet, I noticed something that made my heart stop. Oh god. What was happening? Am I dying? I'm only 13!  This can't be happening. No no no no no. What if I just keep on bleeding and bleeding and it never stops? My body must be broken. Yeah, that's it. D'you think I can get a return? Or is it final sale...oh god oh god oh god I'm dying. What do I do?

I wadded up some toilet paper and stuck it in the crotch of my underwear before sinking to the floor of the bathroom. If I die right now, I hope Demi knows I love her.

Suddenly, I heard someone call my name. It was Demi, calling to see if I was alright. Oh god, I couldn't let her see me like this, bleeding out from my you-know-what. I can picture the headlines now: "GIRL, 13, DIED AFTER BLEEDING OUT FROM WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE. WHAT COULD SHE HAVE BEEN STICKING UP THERE?"

"I'm fine," I hollered down to Demi, and then promptly burst into tears. I could think of so many better ways to die, and this certainly was not one of them. Was this the end? I had a pounding headache in the back of my skull and I could feel my stomach cramping up. Goodbye cruel world.

Just as I was about to close my eyes and let Death take me in his arms, I heard an angelic voice yelling at me. Could I be dead already? Was I in heaven?

'No, you ding dong, open your eyes,' a voice in the back of my head told me. I forced my eyes open, ready to see white fluffy clouds and angels swirling around me, but was instead met with the familiar sight of Demi's bathroom. Could I be a ghost? I looked down at myself but my body looked normal.

I heard yelling. There it was! That angelic voice again. "YOU OKAY UP THERE?" I heard, and suddenly realized that it in fact was not an angel but actually Bea. I sighed in relief and yelled back down the stairs. I was so relieved about not being dead that I forgot not to let her come up, and accidentally told her to come find me instead! A minute later I heard a knock on the door and then Bea burst in, looking around like she was expecting to see some sort of intruder.

"Oh my god, honey, are you okay?" she asked, staring at me crumpled on the floor.

I looked up at her slowly, my face beet red. "I'm...bleeding...down there," I replied, barely a whisper.

Bea's normally pale face turned almost as red as mine as she quickly backed away from me, her hand on the doorknob. "Umm....let me get someone else for you," she blushed. "SELENA! Could you come up here please?" As soon as we heard Selena start up the stairs, Bea scurried out of the bathroom.

Selena entered seconds after. "What's up, baby girl?" she asked, and I repeated the same four words.

"I'm bleeding down there," I whispered, and to my surprise, her face lit up.

"Congratulations!" Selena cried, hugging me. I wrenched myself out of her arms.

"Don't touch me! It could be contagious!" I warned, backing away.

Selena laughed. "You're hilarious, Robyn," she started to say, but then realized that I was serious. "Hold on," Selena said. "You DO know what a period is, right?"

"Of course, I'm not that stupid," I frowned. "It's the dot at the end of the sentence. But what does that have to d--?"

"Wait....no!" Selena interrupted. "Not that period!"

"There's no other type of period," I pointed out, looking at Selena like she was crazy.

"Well....actually..." Selena hesitated, and then went on to explain the OTHER type of period. I'd rather not talk about the details, but, if you must know, it was embarrassing, to say the least.

She finished off her impromptu lesson by saying, "You'll probably need some supplies, so I'll get Demi to give you some of those later. Now let's go tell everyone the big news!"

I blushed furiously. "Isn't...that...a little personal?" I said hesitantly.

"Nah, you're a woman now, Rob! Be proud of it!"

"You'd think you'd be rewarded with, I don't know, flowers and candy or something, for becoming a woman. But nope, all I get is blood and cramping. Just dandy," I grumbled as we walked down the stairs.

We reached the bottom floor and Selena clapped her hands together to get everyone's attention. Demi and Maddie were slouched on the living room couch watching the ID Channel, and Bea was in the kitchen doing who-knows-what.

"Attention, everyone!" Selena announced, as officially as she could muster. "Thankfully, Robyn is not dying, as she previously though, but has actually just reached womanhood, if y'all know what I mean." Selena's straight face slipped and she burst out in cackles, and my face got even redder, if that was even possible.

Demi led a round of applause. "Aw, baby, come give me a hug!" She reached out her arms and I begrudgingly went over to her and wrapped my own arms around her torso. "How about a bowl of ice cream to celebrate?"

Ugh, calories. Maybe this so called 'womanhood' was even worse than I thought!"

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Thank you all so much for the amazing comments you left on my last author's note! They made my day :)

This chapter is dedicated to @ablazedemi for guessing correctly what happened to Robyn as well as having fucking awesome fanfics (Go check out For A Pessimist I'm Pretty Optimistic because it gives me life)

Next chapter will be Robyn's first day of school. Anything you all would like to see happen? Answer for a chance for a shoutout/dedication :)