1

Take the time to listen to the song uptop. This songs is associated with the book. Listen to lyrics carefully.

" Help! Help! Somebody please help me!" I scream into the darkness that I'm in. It's cold and it feels like rain is seeping into my skin.

Nothing.

I can't move. My arms feel like they're jello along with my legs. The zip tie on my hands cannot be broken. I'm stuck.

" Mateo.. please somebody." I whimper again.

Nothing.

" WHY CANT ANYBODY HEAR ME?" I  scream to the top of my lungs. They're starting to burn from all the yelling.

" Oh I hear you butter cup. You aren't going no where. You're dead."

-//-

I let out a blood curdling scream and kick my feet under the covers. My eyes are still shut, it's like I can't open them.

" Mommy Mommy! Wake up." Little hands shake my body. I instantly open my eyes and grab ahold of her hands.

My baby. My sweet precious baby. I lift her up onto my bed and cuddle her close next to me.

" Was mommy dreaming again? " I whisper. She nods her little head of curls.

" Thank you for waking me up. Mommy was having a night terror."

She giggles, " But its morning mommy. Time to eat!"

I smile and run my fingers through her curls. The clock on the wall read 7:02 am. She's right on time.

" Alright then come on. Let's get you ready for school."

Milan claps her hands and slides her body down the bed slowly. She's so cute. I hear her run out the room and then the bathroom door close.

Another day another.. nah. I sigh and get up remembering that today's another day I haven't seen him. It's been three years already. Milan turned 3 two weeks ago. Wow time has went by slowly.

" Your the only reason I keep myself alive." I mumble to myself. I finally drag myself out of my room and into the living room.

I turn Sofia The First on just before she comes out. It makes her happy which makes me happy to see her happy.

In the hallway I could hear the sound of her giggling, and it's the most cutest child laugh ever.  A smile forms upon my lips as I put the frozen waffles in the toaster. The laughing comes closer and closer to the kitchen.

She turns the corner and almost bumps into a wall. I want to laugh but I hold it in given the reason of her dramatic fit she will throw.

" Milan put your kindle down and come eat please." I turn back around to the bow crisp waffles and begin to cut them up. A tiny groan escapes from her mouth. Such a cutie pie.

" Now Milan." I turn back around with her princess plate in my hand. Milan sighs and sets the kindle on the other end of the table.

I kiss her forehead and place the plate of food in front of her. She holds her hands out for a fork which I gladly give to her,

" Thank you mommy."

Mateo🍓

" Nadia sit down!" I semi yell. The bouncing of the couch stops and I hear her plop down.