5

Serenity 🌸

It's been 2 whole days since that little date thing. Is that even considered a date? I shouldn't be jumping to conclusions right now. Then again it would be considered a date because he  does like me. But would that consider it a date too me even if I don't know what to feel about him at the moment?

A little baby voice interrupts
My thinking process. I look down from the t.v to see Milan on the floor playing with her kindle again. "Mommy? Where's Mateeyo? I want to see him again. He's fun!"

This is going to be a problem I just know it. I shouldn't of started this whole seeing Mateo stuff. But then again he is her father. That would be bad if I just stop letting her see him right?

" Baby I don't know. I guess he went back to Atlanta." I say.

" Lanta? He don't sleep here mommy?" She asks, racking the comb violently through her baby dolls hair. Damn, baby ain't gonna have no hair by the time she done.

I shift in my spot and pick up my tea mug, " No baby. He was just visiting." I take a few sips from my herbal tea.

" Can he come back?"

" He's coming back babygirl. Trust me." I smile and take another sip out of my mug.
-/-

I put the last load of laundry in the washer and start it up. A vibrating sensation comes from my phone so I pull it out. The contact name reads: Mateo.

I think for a few seconds rather if I should answer it or not. Before I could process anymore thinking my finger slides to the right to answer.

" Hello..?"

" Reni.. what you doing today?"

Oh boy. " Nothing. I'm uhh just getting the laundry out the way."

" Oh word? How about we go and hang out.. I wanna see you."

Oh course. Of course he wants to see me. He just can't get it through his head that I can't be with him.

" I can't. I have Milan remember?"

He laughs on the other line, " So you mean to tell me bet you don't have a babysitter for her whenever you need to run errands on the weekend?"

He's right. " .... I mean yeah I do bu-"

" Give her a call. "

" Mateo I don't like leaving Milan with someone else. I try to limit it as non frequently as possible."

"Fine. We'll go to a kid friendly place. I'll text you the address."

Before I could answer he's already hung up the phone. I roll my eyes and slip my phone back in my skinny jeans.

" Milan! Go get your hair bucket!"

-//-

We pull up to sky zone, great just the thing I need for Milan's clumsy self to bust her head open.

" Ooh mommy! Member' Tamia birthday party here?" She squeals from the back seat.

I take the key out the ignition and nod my head in the rear view mirror. She's so adorable. She had his eyes and my long hair. Well my hair was long before I cut it.