20

Mateo 🍓

One week. It's been a week and I'm still out of it. I've manage to go to 10 interviews and 4 radio stations this past week. My schedule is getting busier day by day. In all those interviews I've managed to put on a fake smile and pretend to be the old Mateo.

PThe hallucinations come whenever I space out. Ayleo says I need to try and be active for it to stop. He's been in here with me for a week also. Only leaving if he has to go to the bathroom or if she's switching turns with April. They're practically babysitting me. I hate it.

" No Mateo. Come back to earth." She says snapping her fingers in my face.

" I am here you idiot." I narrow my eyes at her. She cuts her eyes at me and points down to the board.

" Your turn."

I move the checker piece and attack her king. I hate checkers. " Check and Checkmate."

" Lets play again." She smiles.

Again? That was the third game in a row. I think not. " No."

" Mateo we need you to always be doing something or your going to space out and ha-"

" Hallucinate. I fucking know stop repeating it." I say plainly.

" Just take your pills. Then you'll be your normal self."

Pills? Pills would require Carmen coming into my house. That's a whole dead mission. "Hell no."

" Too late. I've already had your prescription made again. "

" I'm not takin it." I say, getting up from the floor and sitting on my bed.

April groans and stands up also, "Mateo.."

" Out my room April." I wave my hand and shoo her away. She just stands there with a smirk on her face. What is she up to now?

" I have a surprise for you. Maybe you'll be less depressed." She smirks.

My eyes widen, she is not thinking what I think she's thinking..
" April what the fuck! You're with my brother for fuck sakes!"

I can tell she's offended, " No you fucking dumb ass. I'm not having sex with you."

I sigh in relief and lean back on my bed, " Good."

" I don't know what you got but you have that shit where girls get addicted. I'm not with that." April rolls her eyes.

Her comment makes me smile just a little bit. " I have a magical dick."

" Anyways she should be here shor-"

The doorbell of my house cuts her off. She flashes me a creepy smile while rubbing her hands together before she runs out my room. So it's a girl huh? I hope it's not Serenity.

I've been thinking I need to move on. I'm tired of chasing someone who doesn't want to be chased. She's done me wrong too many times. She's hardheaded and needs to learn. But it's something about her that will make me run back to her any time. Just her name is enough to send me into a love trance.