3

Serenity 🌸

The sun has set, its beautiful. Milan wanted to have an outside tea party, of course I'm going to give it to her. She brought along her stuffed animals and we went to our favorite cafe down the street.'

" Mommy Miss Turtle says she likes the apple juice." Milan smiles. I nod my head and smile back at her. When she smiles it's just like his smile. Something I'll always think about.

" Cindy says she likes it too."

I furrow my eyebrows and look to her right. It's a bear head with what seems like a strap to go around something. I definitely did not buy that for her.

" Milan are you taking things from school without permission?"

She stops drinking her juice and wipes her mouth with her wrist, " No mommy. That's not nice."

Strange. " Who gave you the bear then?"

" My new friend I made." She giggles and takes a bite from her grilled cheese. I glare at her to make her tell the truth.

Nobody should be going my child anything. Especially if I don't know you. Maybe it was one of the teachers?

She moves a curl out of her face and lets out a sigh, " Fine mommy. But he really is my new friend. His name mateeyo."

I close my eyes and swing my head back. Why? Out of all the people why him. Jesus we aren't a match, give it a rest.

" Why was he at your school baby?"

" I don't know. I come to the office to give the ticket count for our lunch. He in there."

Oh great. So now he's visiting my child? " Okay Milan. Did you atleast say thank you?"

There's no point in scolding her for taking it. It's not like she had a choice every kid likes toys. Milan nods her head yes and goes back to talking with her animals.

" Mommy mommy look! Look! That's my new friend! " Her sudden excitement startles me. I turn my head around to see him walking this way.

I quickly gather my things together and shove Milan'a toys in her book bag. This is not happening. This will not happen.

" Come Milan we gotta go." I pick her up from out her seat. Her mouth to quiver as if she's going to cry. I hold my fingers to my lips as I adjust her on my hip. Not right now.

" But-bu-" Her sentence is cut off by her letting out an ear piercing scream and then full on crying.

I pay it no mind, it's not like I'm not used to it by now. I look back once more and he's getting closer. The second he puts his phone away he makes eye contact with me.

I turn back around and grab my purse along with Milan's bag and begin to walk fast down the street. I can hear his footsteps getting closer and closer.

Milan is full on screaming and crying at this point, kicking and all. Again I pay it no mind. We're almost there. Almost.

" Serenity! Wait!"

My walking turns into running. I dodge every person down the street with Milan bouncing in my arms. Almost there.

" Serenity I just wanna talk!"