9

Serenity 🌸

" Isn't this cute?" I say maybe for the nineteenth time today. I hold up a pink onesie covered in purple pokadolts. Mateo nods his head yes without even looking up from his phone. What's so important on his phone rather than me? I mean come on I'm in Atlanta with you but you pay me no mind? Wow.

" You didn't even look." I carelessly throw the onesie with the rest of the Milan's clothes. Not a word is said. I press my lips together and snatch his phone from him.  Mateo's head jerks up with a glare upon his face. Why he glaring? I should be the one doing that.

" Bro stop! I was doing something!"
He groans. " Bro? I'm a bro now?"

" Well shit are you? Because you seem to not want to be in a relationship with me." He rolls his eyes and snatches his phone back from me.

Ouch. Maybe I should stop playing hard to get before it's to late. But at the end of the day I am his first love? Right? Wrong. Serene caught his eye before me, that might be his first love.

I nod my head slightly and turn back around to the cart. What's wrong with me? Why am I feeling so emotional over just a few words. Man he truly does make me feel all types of ways.

" Serenity stop.. don't do it." He says trailing behind me.

I stop midway and place my hands over my face. Am I really crying? Crying over something so simple.

A pair of strong arms grips my waist and turns me around to his chest. I just take in the moment and lay my head on his chest. His heartbeat, it's soothing.

" It didn't mean to slip out like that. You know you're my everything." He whispers.

I don't say a word.

" I know you hear it, my heart. It beats for you."

Those oh so famous words makes me tingle with butterflies in my stomach. I haven't heard those words in forever.

I open my eyes and look over his shoulder. Something flashes before my eyes. Like somebody's jewelry had hit the sun that's beaming through the glass roof as they were walking.

By now I know my eyes are deceiving me. It can't be her. I squeeze my eyes shut and open them again. There she is standing down the aisle with a smirk on her face. My eyes go wide, we just stare at each other. She's giggling and I'm not.

" M-m-mateo.."

His hands let go of my waist pushing me forward so we are looking at each other. " What?"

" Behind you.." I whisper.

He jerks his head around along with me doing the same. Gone. Nobody's there. How? How is that even possible? She was just standing right here smirking at me with that devilish smile.

" You wanna leave? Was it somebody recording us? I mean we can leave if your uncomfortable right now with everything and-"

" Yeah it's fine though. I don't mind the paparazzi. But we should leave. Like now." I say.

" Okay. Let me go pay." He says, grabbing the cart.

I shake my head no and push him aside from he cart, "No Mateo. I have money. I'm not poor." I chuckle.