13

Serenity 🌸

" April come on!"

She takes the longest just to do one simple thing. That's April for you. The girls are upstairs with Ayleo. They're supposed to be making some type of craft thing for halloween this Saturday. It's only Thursday, time went by fast.

" I've learned that she takes the longest. Even when she at her house." Mateo shrugs. Her house? Since when did she have her own house?

I turn around and sit down on his lap. His hands snake over my waist pulling me closer to him. " What so you mean her own house? She don't live here?"

" Nah she wants to though, but Ayleo said he wants to take baby steps."

Aha baby steps. He's such a little baby to be honest, " Baby steps huh? How long they been dating?"

" About a year now."

A whole year? I think that's long enough. " Damn Ayleo must not want to be tied all the way down yet." I laugh.

Mateo laughs silently, " Yeah I know. But I'm willing to be tied down to you."

Here we go again, " I know. I just don't want anything to go too far to where I'll be heart broken again."

" Baby let ya guard down. Do you not know who I am? My life revolves around you and my daughters nobody else." He says and then starts kissing on my neck. This boy think he slick.

I move my head away from him, " Mateo stop. I'm about to have a girls day with April."

He shrugs and goes back to sucking, "It's only fair to mark my territory." He mumbles.

I can't even say it's not his territory because it is. Damn.

A voice comes from behind us, making me jump, "Yeah yeah lovey dovey shit. Lets go Reni."

As soon as I try and get off of him he pulls me back down. I look back at him with a glare. Why does he always seem like he can't live without me? He lived without me for 3 whole years, suck it up.

" Mateo. Let me go."

" But I want you to say here.." He whines. I yank away from him and playfully roll my eyes.

" I'm going to come back. You acting like a baby."

" Cause I'm your baby."

I look down to the ground and blush again. It's just something about his words. They're always charming. He has a way with me they nobody else had gave me. Not even Traeshaun.

-//-

" So tell me everything."

We sit at a table farthest away from the food court. The mall is packed today, mostly because of people buying costumes and stuff. Halloween was my favorite as a kid because that the only day I could have makeup put on me. I used to think makeup was the best thing ever, even if it was just for my costume. Every time i came back from gathering my candy my mom would take it off of me. She says she didn't want my skin to break out. I didn't understand that at first but now I do.