26

Serenity 🌸

I lay in the bed curled up. Nothing has been the same since what had happened yesterday morning. They've just released me out of the hospital. A night full of questioning by the police and many hours taking x-rays of my broken jaw. He's caught for sure. I don't want to get up, don't even want to be on this earth. Why does it always have to be me?

" You awake?"

A medium sized Afro pops his head inside the room. I nod my head with no expression. It feels like I'm empty, I don't like it.

He smiles and comes fully in with a tray of food. Something light just a soup and sand which.

" Good because I went to Panera and I didn't know what kind like so I asked the lady and told her you were sick and she s-"

I cut off his fast talking by giggling. He's so adorable when it comes down to me. " Mateo it's okay. Thank you. And I'm not sick."

" You sure because you look a little pale." He says, placing the tray of food on my lap. Then he reaches over to feel my forehead and of course it's not hot.

" You don't got a fever. That's weird." He shrugs.

I start pulling out the silverware from the plastic, " Duh Mateo. I'm not sick. Just.. thinking."

" I'm sorry baby. Just know I got things handled." He says, kissing my forehead and sitting beside me.

" Don't go out there killing him now. I want him to suffer in jail. Just sitting there thinking about how his basketball career is gone and everything."

Mateo raises his eyebrows at me in amusement. I know that look. That's the look that he's not going to listen to me.

I sigh and give in, " Fine. Do what you gotta do. Just don't get caught." I take a spoonful of soup and eat it.

" Mhm. Lets not talk more of this. I want you to be happy instead of stressed. My little baby boy is in there baking." He says, placing his hand on my stomach.

I giggle and place my hand ontop of his, "First of all im only two weeks. I don't even have a bump yet. And I know it's going to be another girl."

" I know but it is exciting to know you are pregnant and I get to be there this time."

" Yeah I know."

Mateo 🍓

I watch her sleep in my arms. She's gone through a lot since she's came here. Maybe moving her down to Atlanta wasn't the best idea. But then again I wouldn't want to be taking flights every week to just see her. Knowing me that's exactly what I would of did.

" Serenity why can't they just let us be huh? They don't want to see us together." I smile and run my fingers through her hair.

She moves a little in her sleep, shifting herself onto my chest. Such a little baby with her spoiled self.

I tense up at the sound of glass breaking. It's no where near here maybe downstairs. It's here. Rather than waking Serenity up, I gently place her head onto the pillow next to her.