17

Mateo 🍓

My key lanyard swings in my right hand while I walk with my head low. I know I overreacted, but I'm sensitive who she talks to now-a-days. If it's a male then I'm definitely not going to want her to talk to him. The only male she should be having conversations with is me and Ayleo. Hell, Ayleo has his own girl to worry about but that's my brother so I can't say anything.

The wind starts to pick up making me pull on my hoodie strings to tighten it. This trail seems like it's never going to end. The sun setting doesn't make it any better but I just need to clear my mind. Why? Why invite your ex over our house? What justice is he going to do?

Maybe I'm getting things mixed up. Maybe it was for a good reason? Ah hell I don't know. I should stop reacting so quick and listen next time. She looked like she had a good explanation. But then again they were in the middle of hugging when I walked in. Now I know what that could look like but I really do think that it wasn't what I predicted. I guess I'm in the wrong again.

Droplets of rain start to fall. Great. Walking a trail in the dark while it's raining, a mystery waiting to happen.

-//-

The walk back to the house was rather longs. But on the bright side I cleared my mind. It's pitch black outside, the porch light is on beaming a bright yellow fluorescent light. The time on my Apple Watch reads 8 pm. Damn, how long was I out there for?

Sticking the keys in the key hole, I twist it and it unlocks. The lights are off in ever room. The kids must be asleep. I haven't seen my princesses all day.

Surprisingly the grand stairs did not creak at all as I walk up them. Passing the pictures hanging on the wall, I realize I need some pictures of Milan to put throughout the whole house. Till this day It still hits me that she really is my daughter.

My hands peep open the door and straight ahead we're both of my princesses sleeping in their two queen sized beds next to eachother. A smile forms upon my face as I walk over to Nadia first. Thank god someone placed her hair into a silk bonnet because them tangles would be the death of me for when I have to do it tomorrow.

I place a soft kiss onto her forehead and pull the covers up a little more on her. Turning around to Milan, she's not sleep at all. Just laying there with her teddy bear playing with the ear.

I crouch down to her level, " Why aren't you sleep babygirl?"

" It's dark. I don't like the dark." She says softly. My eyes shoot directly towards the nightlight in the corner of the room. Nadia doesn't use it anymore but I'll turn it on just for Milan.

" Okay I'll turn the nightlight on.." just before I get up she tugs at my shirt making me turn back around.

" Can I sleep with you and mommy tonight.. it's raining."

A roar of thunder and lightning crackles outside the window. Milan jumps up out the bed and hugs tightly onto y leg. I pick her up and place her on my hip where she places her head on my shoulder.

" Okay fine. But this ain't going to be a everyday thing Milan. Okay?" I say walking towards the door.

" Okay.."

My room light was on letting me know this Serenity is in there. When we walk in she's sitting on the bed Indian style staring off into space. Weird.