~1~

Olivia's POV

"Hanna, sweetie, time to wake up." I whispered, as I gently caressed my daughter's cheek. Her eye lids fluttered in her sleep, but she didn't open her eyes.

"Hanna Gabriella Benson, you gotta wake up." I spoke a little louder. She opened her eyes this time, and frowned.

"It's too early, Mommy." She yawned, and I nodded slowly.

"I know, honey, but Lucy is gonna be here soon, and I wanted to see you before your first day of school." I replied, and she nodded. 

She laid there, just looking at me, and I smiled, before kissing her forehead.

"Lets pick out your clothes, and then I can make you some breakfast." I spoke, and she nodded.

We took a little bit of time to get her clothes picked out, ending up with  a jean skirt, a light pink t-shirt, a pair of light gray tights, and a pair of her favorite flats. I picked her up and carried her out of her room, and into the living room. She sat on the couch, and watched cartoons, while I quickly made her breakfast.

At about 8, my babysitter, Lucy opened the front door, and Hanna came to life. She jumped up and ran to her, wrapping her arms around Lucy's legs and smiling largely.

When these moments occur, I feel like I lack as a mother. Being the Sergeant really sucks sometimes, but when I can come home, and Hanna is just excited to see me, and she wants to tell me about her day, that makes up for every other moment where I fell like I was lacking.

"Hanna, I missed you sweetie!" Lucy smiled, as she picked up the five year old. Hanna started to talk about everything that Lucy missed this weekend, and I put Hanna's pancakes on her plate and sat it at the bar.

"Hanna, I know that you want to talk to Lucy, but you gotta eat." I chuckled. Lucy laughed as she sat Hanna down on her feet.

I started to gather my things, and I let out a small sigh, as I watched Lucy interact with my daughter.

"Olivia, are you picking up Hanna after school?" Lucy asked, and I nodded.

"Yeah, I promised her. Thanks for taking her to school." I smiled, and she nodded.

I walked over and kissed the top of Hanna's head and she looked up, her face covered in syrup.

"I love you Mommy." She mumbled, her mouth full and I laughed.

"Have a good day at school, love. I'll pick you up at the end of the day." I smiled. I kissed her head one last time before leaving slowly.

I got into my car and let out a small sigh. I hated to leave her behind on this big day, but I needed to get to work, and catch some bad guys.

I started the car, and was about to pull out of my spot, when I saw Lucy and Hanna running out of the building. I stopped and rolled down the passenger side window, and Hanna looked through it.

"Have a good day, Mommy!" She exclaimed, and my heart swelled.

"Thanks baby. I love you." I smiled.

"I love you too!" She cheered, before they went back up, and I pulled out, smiling largely.

---

Elliot's POV

"Alright, rise and shine Augustus!" I exclaimed, as I opened the blinds to my five year old's room. He groaned and cuddled his Tigger stuffed animal tighter.

"Five more minutes, Daddy." He groaned, and I laughed.

"Nope, I have waffles and bacon ready for your breakfast, and we are gonna have to get you up." I exclaimed, trying to sound cheerful, but I was freaking out. 

This was the first time I am taking a kid to school, and Gus is my little guy. Pretty much the only person I talk to.

"Bacon?" he questioned, waking up slightly, and I chuckled.

"Yes. Lots and lots of bacon just for you, little man." I smiled. 

He jumped up, and quickly wrapped his arms around my neck and smiled.

"Can Tigger come with us? He's hungry too." He spoke, and I smiled.

"Of course, we can't leave family behind." I smiled. I sat Gus on his feet and held his hand. We walked out into the living room, we sat together and ate breakfast.

He blabbed on and on about starting school, and how his fifth birthday party was coming up, since on his real birthday we were out of town and couldn't throw a party.

"Can I invite some kids I meet today?" He asked, his mouth full of waffle.

"Ask again once your mouth isn't full, Augustus Luke." I scolded, trying not to laugh.

"Come on Daddy!" He spoke, and I smiled.

"Yes, you can. Make sure you are polite and don't ask someone in front of everyone, because the other kids may get upset."

"Why?" He asked, as he stole a piece of bacon from the plate I sat out for Tigger, the only way that Gus would come and eat.

"Because they will be upset that they weren't invited." I replied. He turned to look at me and arched his little eyebrows.

"Can't I just invite them all?" He questioned, and I let out a sigh.

"Five, Gus. We can't fit more than five friends at your Grandma's house." I stated, and he sighed. 

We continued to eat, and then about ten minutes before we were supposed to leave, I was helping him get dressed. We packed up his backpack, which of course it was Winnie the Pooh themed, and then left our small house. 

I buckled him into his car seat, and sat Tigger next to him.

"Daddy, we can't let him get hurt!" Gus cried, and I laughed. I walked around the car and got into the other side, buckling in the stuffed animal, before shutting the door. I let out a small sigh and stared at the house.

I bit my lip and frowned deeply. I missed my wife. We had talked about taking Gus to school, and how we were both going to be there for him, but she's gone. 

My heart ached as I heard Gus tell me that we were going to be late, and I climbed into the car. I started it up and pulled out, heading towards Washington Elementary School, not ready at all to watch my son start to grow up.

Hey guys! I'm so excited for this book! I got this idea when listening to a song, and decided it was gonna be fun! Please vote/comment/share! I'd love to hear what you think, so please comment all of your feedback! Alright bye! :D