~14~

Elliot's POV

"Cancer?" I breathed, as Olivia held my hand. She had just broke the news again. The cancer was back.

"I'm sorry, El. I tried to fight it off." She whimpered, and I kissed her forehead, as tears ran down my cheeks.

"Don't apologize." I whispered, before sitting on the bed, and pulling her into my arms. This beautiful, strong, fearless, caring woman is fighting for life, once again. God do I love this woman.

"I feel like I'm leading you on. Like I'm forcing you into something and you can't leave because I have cancer." She breathed, and I frowned. I looked down at her before kissing her lips gently. She smiled into the kiss, and then laid her head against my chest.

"I don't want to die." She whispered, and I bit my lip before kissing the top of her bald head.

"You aren't going to die, Liv. I said that last time, and I mean it just as much as I did last time." I replied, and she sighed.

"I'm not going to fight for myself, I'm fighting for you, Gus, and Hanna. I love the three of you so much."

"Liv-"I started, but she interrupted me.

"I never thought I would love any man again after Martin died. I loved that man so much, and I still do. He gave me the greatest gift that anyone can give, and that little girl means the world to me. Then you came back into my life, and I know now that I don't want to be alone anymore. I know we are dating, but if I survive this, I want to force you into a marriage even if you don't want to." She spoke, and I laughed. I kissed her again, then wiped the tears from her cheeks.

"Deal."

---

They started chemo again, and Olivia had to stay in the hospital. I continued to care for the kids, and I went back to SVU. Chief Dodds asked me to be the CO until Olivia came back, and I accepted because I knew that Declan was undercover and everyone hates him anyway.

"Daddy, can we go see Liv after school?" Gus asked, as I helped him brush the mess of curls that covered his head.

"I'll see how she is feeling." I replied, and he sighed. I looked in the mirror and saw Hanna walk up shyly. She had a nightmare last night and was embarrassed because she had an accident.

"Hanna, do you need help with your hair?" I asked, and she shook her head, and I turned around after sitting Gus on the floor and I knelt down in front of her.

"Don't be embarrassed." I whispered, and she quickly hugged my neck. I kissed her hair and held her close.

"Please don't tell Mommy." She whimpered, and I nodded slowly.

"I won't. Even if she did know, she wouldn't be mad or disappointed in you." I stated, and she pulled away to look at me.

"Really?" She questioned, and I smiled.

"Really. Now, go get your bag. I'm going to drop you off at school before I head to work."

---

Olivia's POV

The chemo and radiation were kicking my ass.

I was barely awake, and when I was, I was in pain. I tried to be strong when Elliot called and I talked to him and the kids, but I was restraining from crying and telling the doctors to just kill me now.

My doctors told me that I was going to get used to the chemo and radiation and just feel a little worn down, but it has been a month since I started again, and I wasn't getting used to it.

"I brought some files." Fin whispered, as he came into my hospital room. I looked up at my friend, and forced a smile.

"What do we have?" I spoke weakly, as I reached for them. He handed them to me and I opened them, before trying to find my glasses. Fin found them and helped me put them on, before I started to slowly read the files.

"For the Victoria Jensen case, look at the boss." I whispered, and Fin quickly wrote that down.

"Alright. We will." he spoke, and I let out a noisy cough. Fin handed me a tissue, and I wiped my mouth off with it, and smiled.

"No blood." I spoke, and he smiled.

"That's great, Benson." He spoke, and I nodded.

I told him what I thought about all the cases, coughing in between each one. He and I talked for a bit about the crew and how Elliot was doing a good job, which Fin was surprised about. Shortly after Fin left, a extremely familiar man walked in, and my eyes lit up.

"What the hell are you doing here, old man?" I asked, and Munch came over and hugged my frail body.

"You are skinnier than me, Benson." He chuckled, before sitting next to me.

"How are you?" I asked, and he smiled.

"I wanted to see you. I got a call from Fin, and I just got back from Europe."

"You left the country? Didn't you think some agency was going to steal information from your brain on the plane?" I asked, and he laughed.

"I was visiting Cragen and his woman. Then I heard that a one Olivia Benson has cancer." He replied, and I sighed.

"Yeah, well that is true. Hanna will be happy."

"And why is that?" He asked, and I smiled but before I could respond, someone else did.

"Grandpa Cragen is back in town." Cragen spoke, and once again my eyes lit up.

"You two didn't need to drop everything to come and see me." I spoke, before coughing. I ran the back of my hand over my mouth and let out a small sigh.

"I think we did, Liv. Now, how are you doing?" Cragen asked, and I sighed.

"I'm a disappointment, sir." I replied.

"You could never be a disappointment, Benson." He replied, and I frowned.

"I'm not strong anymore. Elliot is taking care of my daughter, and I'm sitting here weaker than ever." I spoke, and he frowned.

"I'm glad that you and Elliot reconnected, but I hate to hear you say that you are weak. I know that you may feel weak and look weak, but you aren't." 

"Cap-" I started, and he laughed.

"Benson, I'm not your Captain anymore. And as for trying to catch me on a lie, you can't. I'm here to spend time with you and Hanna, and I plan on doing that without you feeling down like this."He spoke with conviction. I looked over at Munch, who was chuckling quietly. I sighed but nodded.

"Of course, sir. Now, tell me about Europe."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback! :D