~43~

Olivia's POV

I walked into the precinct slowly, my body feeling heavy against the emotions that were weighing me down. Every tear that I had shed during my session was still taking their toll on me, even though they had long ago dried.

As the elevator opened, I took a step inside and leaned against the back wall. Even when it got to my floor, I stayed put and just stared blankly ahead.

I don't even know how many floors I went to, or how long I had been on the elevator, but it opened and my husband stepped in. He walked towards me and pulled me into his arms and held me close. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I stared to sob, and he held me. Not caring what other people were thinking as they watched SVU's Lieutenant sobbing.

---

When we finally got out on our floor, we walked straight through the squad desks and to my office. Elliot shut the door and lowered the blinds so we had privacy. He watched as I wiped at my eyes, and then put my glasses on. I looked at him and bit my lip.

"Sorry." I mumbled, and he shook his head.

"Don't apologize, baby." He spoke, and I shook my head.

"I must have embarrassed you so much." I grumbled, as I pulled my hair back and clipped it in place. I then pulled my laptop out of my bag, and started to turn it on, but Elliot shut it and looked at me.

"Baby, you could never embarrass me. Now, why were you crying? One of the officers came up to me and asked if I knew what was wrong with you."

"I'm fine. Just emotional." I spoke, and I went to open my laptop again, but once more, he shut it. I stared at him, anger starting to show through.

"Just let me work." I breathed, trying not to yell.

"Baby, I want to know what is bothering you. I hate when I see you cry."

"I'm a product of rape." I breathed, and he nodded.

"I know, Liv." He spoke, as he sat in a chair in front of my desk.

"But if my mother was raped, why would she keep me?" I asked, and he sighed.

"Because she loved you, even if you weren't something planned."

"A mother doesn't beat a child who is loved, El." I replied, and he frowned deeply. 

He opened his mouth to speak, but then closed it again.

"They don't. You're right."

"El..." I groaned, and he shrugged.

"I'm not fighting you on this, Olivia. I'm going to work, and I think you need to clear your head. I love you." He spoke, before turning and walking out. He sat at his desk, and I stood and shut my door.

I took a few slow breaths before opening the blinds again and getting to work.

---

Elliot's POV

Lucy had to babysit for a family, because of some emergency, so she dropped all three kids off at the precinct.

"Daddy!" Hanna squealed, and I knew that I would never get used to that. Olivia's daughter is mine, and that was amazing. I smiled and pushed my chair out, and turned in it so I could hug her.

"Hey, Hanna. How was school?" I asked her, as Gus joined us, but Jayden walked past us and into Liv's office.

"It was okay. Can we get a snack?" She asked, and Gus nodded in agreement. 

"Um, sure." I spoke. I stood and kept looking over my shoulder to see what was happening with my oldest daughter and wife, and Fin noticed.

"I'll take the munchkins to get some food. Go talk to them." Fin spoke, and he grabbed the kids' hands and walked towards the break room, while I moved towards the office.

---

I stood outside of her office as I got up the nerve to walk in. I was nervous. My daughter and wife were really close, and I didn't want to interrupt that, but then again I wanted to know.

I knocked on the door and looked at my wife. She was sitting in her chair with Jayden on her lap. She was holding her close and had her cheek placed to the short blonde hair of our daughter. Jayden's cheeks were stained with tears and my heart broke.

"Baby?" I asked, and Liv shook her head slightly.

"I'll get you in a bit." She whispered, and I nodded.

I walked out and sat at my desk for awhile, but she never did come to get me to talk.

---

We took the kids home and we ate dinner, but even once we were done, Liv and Jayden went off to hang out together. I found them later, after Liv left her room.

"So, what is wrong with Jay?" I asked, and she frowned.

"Her mother died." She breathed, and I frowned.

"Oh." I breathed, and she nodded.

"I know. Her old caseworker came to school today and had to tell her." She sighed, as she ran a hand over her tired looking face. I grabbed her other hand and led her towards our room.

My wife has had on emotional day, and so has Jayden. I just wish they would've let me help them. I love them both so much, that I would do anything for them.

Liv got changed and I sat on the bed waiting for her to come out of the bedroom. She sighed as she looked at me.

"El, I don't want to talk tonight. I just want to sleep." She spoke, and her voice was hoarse from crying.

"Okay." I spoke slowly. She looked at me and came over and kissed me softly.

"I'm sorry. Are you alright?" She asked slowly, and I shook my head.

"No, I'm not alright." I mumbled, and she frowned.

"What happened?"

"My wife and daughter don't want my help." I breathed. She caressed my cheek gently and then sat on my lap so she could look into my eyes.

"We want your help, it's just that we are the same. We had horrible childhoods, and we connect."

"I just wish I could've protected you both from all of this pain." I breathed, and she hugged me tightly.

The door opened, and Liv climbed off my lap and over to it. I turned around and watched as she picked up Jayden and carried her over to the bed. I heard my daughter sniffling, and my heart broke.

"Can I sleep in here with you and Dad tonight?" She sniffled to Liv, and she nodded.

"Of course, baby. Come on. Snuggle with Daddy, I'm going to check on the other's real quick." Liv gave me a gentle smile before leaving, and I laid down and held my daughter. She sobbed into my chest and held onto me for dear life.

"I'm going to miss her even if she was a bad Mom, Daddy!" She sobbed and I caressed her hair.

"I know baby. I know."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D