~30~

Elliot's POV

After we adopted Jayden, life got somewhat normal. I know that I hadn't expected to have a child who is 10, but it was nice.

I was working, and then Liv swung her door open.

"Elliot." She spoke, and I turned around to look at her. I saw a smile on her face, and I stood.

"Liv?" I asked. She motioned for me to come into her office, so I stood and did that. I went in and she kissed me passionately.

"What was that for?" I asked, and she smiled.

"Kinda like I'm buttering you up." She smiled, before turning back to sit at her desk.

"Why? Did you break something? Again?" I asked.

"Meanie." She pouted, and I walked over and sat on the desk.

"Then what?" I replied.

"Um, I might've gotten a call from Jayden's old case worker, and she has twins that need a place to stay."

"Twins?" I questioned quick. She nodded.

"Yeah. They are 1. Elliot, please." She begged. I watched my wife. She was going to fall in love with them, and before I know it, I'm going to be a father to 5 kids.

"I don't know." I frowned.

"Baby!" She whined, and I looked at her. She had sadness in her eyes, and that weren't going to fade unless I said yes.

"Call her back." I groaned. She looked at me with wide brown eyes.

"Really?" She breathed.

"Mhmm. Really. Now, we need to get stuff."

---

Liv was anxious as we waited for the door bell to ring, signalling the arrival of the twins. With the boys coming, Gus and I weren't going to be out numbered anymore, it was going to be awesome.

"Dad, what are you and Mom doing home?" Jayden asked as she opened the front door. Lucy came in, pushing Hanna and Gus into the house in front of her.

"Um, we are getting two new foster children." Liv spoke, as she hugged Hanna.

"Oh, really?" Gus spoke, his eyes shinning at the thought.

"Yeah, two little boys. We are gonna need a lot of help." I spoke, and he nodded.

"I can help!" Jayden squealed, and Liv smiled.

"Good. So, why don't you go wash up and get a snack. Then we can play some games until they get here."

The kids nodded and ran off. Liv followed, and I reached into my pocket and pulled out my wallet.

"Mr. Stabler, you don't seem that excited." She spoke, as she grabbed the money I held out to her.

"Just nervous." I replied.

"Why are you nervous?" Lucy asked, as she took her jacket off for a moment, and she fixed the sleeves on her sweater.

"Because it's two little kids. Two little kids that are going to rely on us fully. They aren't going to be independent like the others are. We work so much, now we are getting the boys, and then I was going to ask Liv if we could look into getting a surrogate or something. And now, that goes down the drain."

"Fuck you." Liv breathed from behind us. I turned around quickly and watched as tears welled in her eyes. She had her arms crossed over her chest, a key sign that she was pissed.

"Liv, let me explain." I spoke, as I tried to approach her, but she shook her head.

"I want you out. I can't do this." She breathed, and my eyes went wide.

"What?"

"YOU LIED TO ME!" She cried, and I bit my lip. Yup, I did that. I told her I was happy when we went shopping, but I'm not. I don't want them. I'm not ready for more foster kids.

"Yeah. Okay. I don't want to foster them. I don't want to do fostering right now. I just want to take care of the three kids that we have barely any time for anyway. You just keep helping more and more, because you feel bad about YOURSELF." I spoke, my voice sharp and cold. She swallowed hard and I watched as the kids spilled out of the kitchen.

"Mom, what is happening?" Jayden asked.

"Can you take your siblings up stairs?" I asked her, and Lucy walked over to them and herded them up the stairs.

I looked at Liv, but she had backed up against the wall. She didn't want this. I bit my lip.

"Alright. I'll leave. But those are my children too. You won't be keeping me away from them."

"Elliot, just go. Please." She begged.

I gnawed on my bottom lip and nodded. I walked upstairs to get some things before heading out.

---

Olivia's POV

I sat looking out the window, more tears on my cheeks than before. The boys were back with their parents. We lost them, and now my husband hates me, and I hate myself. I had just gotten back from returning everything, and hated myself even more now.

I called Amanda and she was on her way over. I needed a friend more now than ever.

"Mommy, Aunt Manda is here!" Hanna cried, and I stood up and walked out and into the living room. Amanda was slipping her coat off, and she frowned.

"Hey, what happened, sweetie?" She asked, and I wiped at my tears.

"I'm going to tuck the kids in. Go into the kitchen and help yourself to anything." I breathed, and she nodded.

I tucked the kids in, and then I went down stairs. Amanda had wine poured into two glasses, and we sat at the counter and drank from them. She frowned and reached over and touched my arm.

"Talk."

"I want to get shit faced." I breathed.

"Liv, come on." She frowned.

"Elliot and I got into a fight in front of the kids."

"Okay, well what was it about?"

"About fostering two little boys. I wanted to, but he didn't want to. He said he did. He said he was excited. But he wasn't. He lied to me, so I kicked him out. He was saying a bunch of shit about me, so I just made him leave."

"Hun-" 

"Please don't. I'm just being stupid. I'm always stupid. Why can't I just bottle it all up inside? I don't even know why Elliot has stayed with me this long. I mess up everything."

"Liv-" She spoke, and I just shoved her wine glass back in front of her.

"Just drink please. I want to get drunk."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D