~21~

Olivia's POV

I paced the ER floor waiting for someone to get me so I could check on Amanda. Fin and Nick were with the perp, while he got the bullet removed.

"Lieutenant Benson?" A doctor spoke, and I turned.

"Is my Detective okay?" I questioned, and he nodded.

"Yeah. She wants to see you." He replied, and I nodded.

I followed him into her bay, and I smiled.

"At least you won't scar." I spoke, and she nodded.

"Yeah. But it fucking hurt." She laughed.

"Can you go home?" I asked her, and she nodded.

"Yeah. Wanna drive me?" She asked, and I sighed.

"I'm staying at my old place. Wanna get Jesse and stay with me and Hanna?"

"So you can take care of me?" She teased and I smiled.

"Kinda."

"Alright, lets go."

---

Shortly after we got back to my old apartment, and Amanda and Jesse got settled into my room, I laid down on the couch and closed my eyes. Tomorrow I was going to have to go over and get the stuff we have at Elliot's and bring it home.

I was about to fall asleep, when my cell rang.

"Benson." I yawned.

"Hi." The voice breathed and I pulled the phone away and saw Elliot's name.

"Hey." I replied slowly.

"I miss you." He breathed.

"Grab Gus and put him in your bed."

"It is different." He sighed.

"I was just a bed warmer, Elliot." I spoke coldly.

"You weren't to me, Liv. I love you." He spoke, and I frowned.

"I love you too." I sighed.

"Really?" He spoke, and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not the one hiding stuff in this relationship."

"Fuck off." He swore, and I quickly hung up my phone.

I slammed it down on the coffee table, before getting up and walking to the kitchen. I grabbed a bottle of wine and kept pouring till I felt numb. Till I felt like my world wasn't falling apart over one stupid little secret.

---

I got up the next morning with a horrible headache, but I didn't care. I looked at my phone and saw 20 missed calls and 15 texts from Elliot, but I unlocked my phone and deleted them all. I know that I'm going to have to deal with him today, since we work together.

I went into the bedroom and quietly got my stuff around and showered. I left a note for Amanda, telling her to call me when she woke up, and that Hanna was going to be easy today, if she didn't mind watching her. Then I got my stuff around and left for the day.

---

"Morning, Liv." Fin smiled, and I nodded.

"Morning." I replied. He followed me into my office, and I sat down and pulled out my laptop before he spoke.

"Are you okay? Nick told me that you were having a hard day yesterday." He spoke.

"I'm fine, Fin. But you may get your wish." I sighed.

"That we can trade Carisi in for Munch?" He teased, and I forced a smile.

"No. Um, Elliot and my engagement might be falling apart." I breathed.

"What?"

"Fin, I just don't know if I'm meant to be married again. I might just be meant to be Hanna's mother and the CO here. Nothing more." I sighed. He sat down and frowned.

"And I was just getting used to the idea of you two getting married." He replied, and I shrugged. I looked at the squad room as Elliot walked in, and tears welled in my eyes.

"Wanna take Nick down to the tombs and check on our perp?" I asked, and he nodded.

"Sure. If you need me to shoot him, just tell me." He smiled, before getting up and leaving.

---

Elliot's POV

I watched Fin leave Olivia's office, and I wanted to go in there and talk to her, but then again, she was ignoring me, so maybe I would ignore her too.

I ignored her all day, not even talking to her about anything. If I needed to, I would push the idea into one of the other members and they would bring it to Liv. 

When everyone went out to eat and get drunk, she was in her office, and I could tell that what was happening between us was bothering her. She was quiet and her face was pale. She also looked exhausted.

I poured two cups of coffee, and walk towards her office.

"Liv, can I come in?" I questioned, and she looked up. She slowly pushed her glasses onto the top of her head and nodded.

I walked in and handed her a mug and she took it and gave me a polite nod.

We drank in silence, before I spoke.

"About last night..." I trailed off, and she shrugged.

"Yeah."

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked, and she shook her head.

"I don't feel like talking. I just want to go home, but I can't. I have to do paper work because we went undercover and because the perp got shot."

"Oh, okay." I replied, and she frowned.

"Elliot, what are we doing?" She questioned, and I looked at her with confusion.

"What do you mean?" 

"Are we still engaged?" She breathed, and I bit my lip.

"My mother has kidney cancer. She came around because she wanted to spend some time with me and Gus."

"Are you going to?" She breathed, and I shrugged.

"I don't know. But I just wish that she hadn't came around, because we would still be happy."

"I'm scared that if we break up, you'll run away again."

"Hey, I'm here to stay, babe." I replied, before standing up. I walked over to her, and wrapped my arms around her. She cried quietly, and I felt my heart break. I did this to her.

"I'm not leaving you. You are who I am meant to be with. And I don't plan on leaving you at anytime."

"I can't live without you." She whimpered, and I didn't think that I would ever hear those words.

"I can't live with you either, Liv. And we won't have to. I want you and Hanna to come home."

"Alright. I want to come home." She whimpered.

---

I laid with Olivia in my arms that night. She clung to me, and I didn't want to let her go. I wouldn't move unless she moved. I just needed to make sure that she knew I wanted to be with her, and I do. I truly do. I was even going to bring up her meeting my mother. I needed her to feel safe with me.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback! :D