~11~

Olivia's POV

"What do you mean? You don't get a cold, let alone cancer." Fin spoke, staring me down. I swallowed hard and frowned.

"I had lung cancer, and I'm still doing chemo and radiation to completely stop it." I replied, and they looked between me.

"But you aren't going to like die, right?" Carisi asked, and Amanda was quick to hit him.

"Not a good question." She hissed, and I sighed.

"No, I'm not going to die. I'll be a pain in your asses until the day you die." I spoke, and Amanda smiled before coming to hug me.

"At least the chemo didn't take away your sense of humor." She spoke, and I sighed.

"Really? Because it took everything else."

---

I noticed that through out the day, Fin was distant. I waited till the end of the shift, and called him into my office. Fin was hesitant, but came in.

"What's up, Liv?" He asked.

"Can we talk?" I asked, and he nodded. He sat down and looked at me.

"I guess." He spoke, and I took a moment to gather my thoughts.

"Do you have a problem working under me?" I asked, and he was quick to shake his head.

"No." He replied.

"Is it my cancer?"

"I don't know." He breathed, and I frowned.

"What is wrong, Fin? You know you are one of my oldest friends, and we talk about everything."

"Then why didn't you think sharing the fact you have cancer was in that 'everything' area?" He asked, anger in his voice.

"I didn't know if I was going to make it."

"Well, if you would've told me, I could've been there! I could've helped out with Hanna and you." He stated, passionately.

"I had help."

"Lucy doesn't count." He replied plainly.

"I had Elliot." I spoke, and he laughed bitterly.

"Really? He isn't flaky anymore?" He spat, and I frowned.

"Fin, that isn't needed."

"I'm leaving." He stated, before standing and leaving. 

I wanted to get up and tell him he is suspended until he changes his attitude, but I just sat and looked at my hands. 

I could still see the discoloration on my left hand's ring finger. I had worn my wedding band for 6 years, only taking it off maybe a hand full of times, but now I was moving on, but I shouldn't have pushed my friends away. 

I got up and was about to leave for the night, but my phone rang.

"Benson."

---

I decided to work the case for the night by myself. The crew had worked hard that day and deserved to have the night off.

I got a call from Elliot about the time that we were going to put the kids to bed.

"Hey." I breathed.

"You know why I'm calling, don't you?" He asked, and I sighed.

"Yes. Sorry." I replied, and he swallowed hard.

"It's your first day back, you should come home and get some rest."

"I'm fine, El. We caught a case and I'm giving the crew the night off so they won't be so moody tomorrow."

"So nice, but I'm standing my ground."

"Go ahead, but that doesn't mean I'm coming home." I replied, and he laughed.

"I knew that. How has work been?" He questioned.

"Everyone but Fin took the news of my cancer okay. Other than that, it's okay."

"How did he react?" Elliot asked.

"He's angry at me. I understand way he is." I frowned.

"Babe, you were trying to protect them for the time being."

"Babe? When did that start happening?" I asked, wanting to get off the topic of my cancer.

"Olivia." He scolded, and I groaned.

"Please?" I asked, and even though I hadn't asked him to stop, he knew what I meant.

"Okay. Well, I'm going to call you before I go to bed. I love you." He breathed.

"I love you too, El. Tell the kids I'll see them after school and that I love them."

"I'm glad that Gus has you." He breathed, before hanging up.

---

Elliot's POV

When Olivia got home the next day, she had Gus and Hanna with her. She looked exhausted, but the kids were talking to her, and she managed to respond to every statement they made, even if it wasn't important.

With Olivia, she cared about everything. If something was important to the kids, she had to listen. She WANTED to listen. She loved both of the kids, even though only one was her biological child.

"Alright, back away from her. I haven't seen her either." I teased, and the kids giggled before running off to their rooms.

I walked over to her and kissed her gently, before running my hands over her back.

"How are you?" I asked, and she yawned.

"Tired." She replied, and I sighed.

"Go to bed." I replied, and she frowned.

"I want to spend some time with you guys. I've missed you." She admitted, but then she let out a noisy yawned and I laughed.

"Up to bed, miss." I replied, and she sighed before letting me lead her to her room. I handed her her sweats and a t-shirt before leaving to check on the kids. 

When I was done, and went to order take out for dinner, I head a thump from the back of the house. I had expected to hear a slur of swear words leave Olivia's mouth, but instead I heard silence. I slammed the phone down and sprinted towards her room. 

---

"What happened?" Fin asked as he rushed down the hall of the hospital towards me.

"She passed out. Shortly before the ambulance got to our place, she woke up, and insisted she was okay, but they wanted to check her out." I sighed, but I saw extreme pain cover Fin's face.

"I was such a dick to her earlier." He breathed, and I sighed.

"She said she doesn't blame you. She understands where you were coming from." I replied, but Fin slid down the wall and hung his head between his knees. I frowned and sat down next to him, and he started to cry quietly.

I watched as Fin's cheeks were slowly covered with tears, and his body shook.

"Is Fin breaking?" I asked slowly.

"Dickwad." Fin laughed, and I smiled.

"When she can see people, you can go in first. She still loves you Fin. You were one of the only solid people in her life since Martin died."

"Yeah, and you were off and doing whatever Elliot Stabler does."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback! :D