~15~

Elliot's POV

"I'll be watching." I smiled, before hanging up the phone. I leaned back into my chair and then looked out the window of Olivia's, well now my office, and saw Cragen and Munch walk in. Olivia had been right, they came back to visit.

I stood up and walked towards the squad room.

"What the hell are you two doing here?" I questioned, and they both turned around and laughed.

"Well, isn't it weird to see you in charge, Stabler. You are usually the one getting in trouble." Cragen exclaimed and I smiled.

"We have Amanda and Amaro for that." I teased, and they laughed. I walked over and quickly hugged both men then sighed.

"So, Liv told me that you two were back in town, so why is that?" I asked, and Munch sighed.

"Clearly you don't talk to your girlfriend enough to find out that we came back from Europe to support her." Munch replied, and I nodded.

"Well, if you two want to support her, then maybe drop by my house and see Hanna. She is there with Lucy and Gus right now."

---

Hanna and Gus spent the evening with Munch and Cragen, and Gus just thought they were amazing. By the time bedtime came around, Hanna and Gus were exhausted. I put them to bed and then joined the men on back porch, where John was drinking a beer and Cragen was drinking coffee.

"Hanna really missed you two." I smiled, as I sat down with them at the table.

"We missed her too. I've really noticed how much she looks like Olivia. But she does also look like Martin." Cragen spoke, and I took a long drink from my beer than looked at them.

"I don't know if I'll ever be able to compete with Martin." I frowned, and Munch laughed.

"Are we ladies?" He questioned, and I sighed.

"Nevermind. I should've known that you would make fun of me." I replied. I downed the rest of my beer than I stood and headed back inside.

"Elliot, Martin was Olivia's husband for awhile. He was there for her when you abandoned her. He is Hanna's father." Cragen spoke and I frowned.

"Don, I really wish that I wouldn't have left. I wish that I was Hanna's father, because I love that little girl so much." I breathed, and they both looked at me with confusion.

"If you wish you didn't leave, than why did you?" Munch asked and I frowned.

"Because I did stuff that I regret. I shouldn't have hurt Olivia. I left and met Kelly. We had Gus and it just seemed like everything else faded away. I was happy. I didn't remember what I did, because all I was thinking about was Kelly and my son." I stated, and they both frowned.

"Olivia isn't just someone you can forget. What if you do something stupid again? You just can't up and leave because you have Gus, Hanna, and Olivia." Cragen replied, and I just grabbed another beer and drank from it.

"She has chemo tomorrow. Maybe one of you could sit with her." I stated, before walking to the front door and motioning them to leave.

"You haven't really changed that much, Elliot. She said you had changed and that she knew that you two are meant to be together." Munch spoke, before leaving and making me even more pissed at everything.

---

Olivia's POV

I got a call that night. Hanna was sobbing, and I could also hear Gus sobbing in the background.

"Hanna, who is there with you?" I asked, and she sniffled.

"Lucy." She whimpered, and I swallowed hard.

"Where is Elliot?" I asked.

"He was crying and screaming and then left, Mommy." She replied, and tears ran down my cheeks. He was running again.

"Alright, love, I need you to be a good girl for Lucy. I love you and Gus so much. Elliot will be home before you know it." I replied, and Hanna sniffled again.

"I just want you home, Mommy!" She exclaimed, and tears continued to spill down my cheeks.

"I know, and I'll be home soon. Be brave, little girl."

Once I ended the call with Hanna, I called Elliot's phone right away. He picked up quickly, surprising me.

"Hello?" He slurred, and I swallowed hard.

"Elliot, where are you?" I asked.

"The bar. Is this Olivia?" he questioned.

"It is. Why are you at the bar? Gus and Hanna are freaking out." I spoke.

"Oh. I needed to get away. I'm sorry, Liv." he spoke, and I ran my hand over my face to try and get rid of some tears, but I couldn't.

"Why do you need to get away? You haven't did anything wrong." I replied, and he swallowed his drink down before speaking.

"I can never be as great as Martin. I can never love you like he did, and you can never love me as much as you love him. I can't be a good father to Hanna, because I'm not her father. I'm just a worthless replacement for Martin. I should've died, not him. Not Kelly." He cried, and I wanted to be with him right now and hold him. He was falling apart, and I hated that he was falling apart because of me. 

"Elliot, I need you to listen to me. Alright?"

"Liv-" He started, but I interrupted him.

"Elliot, I love you. I don't give a fuck about what you did. I can't stop how I feel for Martin nor you. I will always love him, and you know that. But over the past few months, you have been the best father to Hanna as you can be. She doesn't even know what having a father is like, and you've showed her that. You were protected all these years because God knew that we are meant to be together." I spoke, and he laughed.

"When did you become religious?" He questioned and I sighed.

"When I found out I got cancer. When I lost my husband in a car crash. When I lost my best friend." I replied, tearfully.

"Are you sure you want to be with me?" He asked, and I smiled to myself.

"I've never been more sure of something in my life. I love you, and that won't change." I spoke, and he chuckled.

"Do you think a cab will get me and take me home?" He asked, and I chuckled.

"Yes. Get home safe and come visit me tomorrow. Apologize to Gus and Hanna. Pay Lucy good."

"I love you too, Olivia. I'll see you tomorrow." He yawned and I smiled.

I did it. I prevented the man I love from running away, again.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback! Thanks again! <3