~48~

Elliot's POV

When Olivia and the kids got back from their long weekend, Lucy watched the kids so Liv could come into work. I sat in her office, with a bouquet of flowers, and her favorite coffee.

"What are you doing?" She asked, and I stood and held them out to her.

"Apologizing. Kissing up." I replied, and she sighed.

"El, go home. Take the rest of the day off. I don't want to see you right now." She replied, and I nodded.

"Okay, but here is the thing, baby. There are four kids at home that need us talking. That need us to be together. So we might as well do it right now, so that if you shoot me, there are witnesses." I spoke, and she turned around, and I knew she was having a hard time not smiling at my charming ways.

"Okay, but let me get the crew going. Then we can talk."

Olivia sat her things down before leaving the office and getting the crew to get overdue paperwork done, and then she came back in. She shut the door to her office, and drew the blinds, before sitting behind her desk.

"So tell me." She spoke, and I bit my lip.

"I met my daughter." I spoke, and her face paled significantly.

"Oh." She spoke, as an attempt to sound like she was fine with it, but I knew my wife too well. I knew she was having troubles with just those four simple words.

"Her name is Isabel. She has red hair and my blue eyes. She's almost 17, and wants to meet you and the kids." I spoke, and she ran her hands through her hair.

"Are you going to be more of a father to her, than you are to our own kids?" She asked, and my heart broke, and I stood.

"I can juggle my kids. All five of them. Don't worry." I replied, bitterly, and she watched me as I walked to the door, and my hand was turning the knob, when she spoke.

"What about us, El? Can you still be my husband?"

I turned around and looked at her. She was turning red with embarrassment. She hated how she sounded needy, but that was an eye opener for me.

"I can still be a father and a husband. I'll never stop being that." I breathed, but she didn't believe me. I could see that in her watery brown eyes.

"Please leave." She breathed, and I nodded slowly. I left the office, and headed out towards my desk and sat down.

I was leaving her office, but I wasn't leaving the precinct. Because that would be like walking out on my relationship. Walking out on my wife. My sons. My daughters.

I was NEVER going to leave Liv behind again. It was a mistake the first time. I was stupid when I cheated on her. And I was stupid, well, for most of our marriage.

"Elliot, when I said leave, I meant go home. Spend time with our children. I don't want to see you here right now." Liv whimpered from her doorway, and I felt like crying, but I was going to do that in front of the crew.

"Okay."

---

Olivia's POV

When I went home that night, a red head was sitting on the front stoop. I swallowed hard.

"Isabel?" I mused, and she stood quickly, and wiped her hands off on her pants. She must be nervous.

"Are you Olivia?"

"Yeah. I am." I replied, and she looked behind her at my dark brownstone.

"I came here looking for Elliot. But the house was dark and no one was home when I got here. Do you know where he is?" She asked, and I noticed the tears on her cheeks.

"He took the kids to a movie. Are you alright?" I asked, and she nodded, as she wiped at her tears.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Um, can you tell him I was here?" She asked, and I nodded.

She walked down the stairs, and as I stood at the bottom of the stairs, I looked at her and sighed.

"Isabel, do you want to wait here for him? He should be back soon. The kids have school in the morning, and their bedtime is coming up shortly."

"Are you sure?" She asked, completely surprised.

"Yeah. Come on." I spoke, and she followed me up the stairs. I unlocked the door, and she walked in with me.

"Do you want coffee? Or water?" I asked.

"Do you have tea? It's too late for coffee." She replied, and I chuckled.

"I guess you are right."

---

Isabel and I sat and talked quietly. Mostly about school, and some about her father, but nothing about myself and my kids.

Elliot got home, and I heard him tell the kids to get ready for bed, and he walked into the kitchen, with Cayden in his arms.

"Isabel? Liv?" He questioned, and I stood from where I sat, and took my baby into my arms.

"Talk to her, El." I whispered, before leaning down and kissing Cayden's forehead.

"It was very nice meeting you, Isabel. Goodnight."

"Uh, what are you doing here?" Elliot asked as I walked away from the room.

I wasn't going to eavesdrop, even though I wanted to know her response.

---

Elliot came up into our room, and started to change, while I watched him. Cayden was sleeping in my arms, and I didn't have the heart to move him. He was so sweet and adorable, as he slept in my arms.

"So, Isabel is sleeping in the guest room tonight."

"Why?" I replied.

"It's too late for her to be out. I'll drive her home in the morning, and go see Gillian."

"Elliot, if her home situation is bad, then I want her to come stay with us. Until it gets cleaned up."

"Wait, what?" Elliot asked.

"That girl is sweet. She is so much like you, and if her home life is bad. If her mom is on drugs. Or if she doesn't get enough attention or food. Or anything. Then I think you need to talk to her mother. See if she can stay with us, until she gets back on her feet."

"Are you sure?" Elliot asked, and I nodded.

"Yeah. I am."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D