~9~

Olivia's POV

When I awoke from my surgery, my body was numb. I swallowed hard, trying to moisten my throat and mouth, but it was dry. I blinked a few times, trying to clear my vision. I looked around once my vision came back, and I looked at the chair next to my bed. Elliot's jacket was draped over it, but he wasn't there. I was also in a private room.

I sat in there for awhile, not wanting to move at all, but when I saw Elliot enter the room, I smiled weakly.

"Hey, love." He spoke, and I smiled stronger. He walked over and kissed my forehead before I pointed at the water.

"Sorry. You aren't supposed to drink anything." He frowned, and I dropped my arm and stuck my bottom lip out, hoping to guilt trip him into giving me the water.

"Doctor's orders." He stated. I bit my lip and let out another small sigh.

He handed me a piece of paper when he saw how upset I was about this, and I quickly wrote down what I wanted to say.

Get the Doctor

"Okay. Come on. I'll get him." He spoke. He kissed my forehead before walking out.

---

"Are you going to bring the kids up?" I asked Elliot, after Dr. Morris had left.

"Yeah. Soon." Elliot breathed, and I smiled.

"I miss them." I replied, and he gently caressed my cheek.

"Well, once you aren't in as much pain, I'll bring them up. As of now, get some rest." He spoke, but I quickly shook my head. He sighed and climbed onto the bed next to me and gently wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"I love you." He spoke quietly, and I swallowed hard.

"El-" I started, and he shook his head.

"No. I love you, and when I said it earlier, I meant it just as much as I mean it now. So if you don't want to say it back yet, I'm fine with that. So now, sleep. I'll stay with you."

---

Elliot came up a week later with the kids. I really wanted to see Hanna. She and I had talked via Facetime, but it was amazing now to see her in person.

"Mommy!" Hanna cried, and I smiled softly. She ran to my bed, but before she could climb onto it, Elliot grabbed her by her waist and she squirmed.

"Elliot!" She exclaimed, and he smiled.

"Take it easy on your Mom, alright? She's still recovering." Elliot spoke, and Hanna nodded. Elliot sat her on the bed, and I hugged her and kissed the top of her head.

"Have you been good for Elliot?" I asked, and she nodded.

"I've been the bestest, Mommy!" She exclaimed, and I smiled softly. I looked at Elliot, as Gus reached his arms up to be picked up.

"Gus, how are you?" I asked, and he laid his head on Elliot's shoulder.

"Is he alright?" I asked Elliot, and he nodded. We couldn't discuss this anymore because Hanna started to talk about how excited she was to see me, and about what had happened at school the past week.

I listened and commented every few moments, earning squeals and smiles from my daughter. When it was time for them to go, I was upset because I wanted my daughter to stay here.

"Bring them back soon?" I asked Elliot, as he helped Gus get his jacket on.

"Yes. I'll call you tonight." Elliot smiled before kissing my forehead.

"Alright." I whimpered. I ran my hand through my hair and watched as they walked out.

---

Elliot's POV

After leaving Olivia at the hospital, I took the kids home and bathed them then put them to bed. Hanna was sleeping in the bedroom that was supposed to be for Kelly's and my little girl.

Kelly found out she had cancer after she lost our daughter. She was a stillborn, and it killed us both, but we were both incredibly in love and dedicated to Gus.

"Elliot, when is Mommy coming home?" Hanna asked, as I quietly left the bedroom. I turned on my heel and looked at her.

"In a week or so, Hanna." I replied, and she frowned.

"I want Mommy now. I can't sleep good without a bedtime story." She frowned deeply.

"Want me to call her? She could read you a story." I replied, and she shook her head.

"Mommy is sick. Shouldn't she sleep?" She asked, and I nodded slowly. I walked over and kissed her forehead.

"Well, try and get some sleep. I'll check on your later." I breathed, and she nodded.

I walked out and shut the door before standing with my back against the door. I wanted to see my daughter in there, but I guess seeing Olivia's daughter in there was the next best thing.

I went into my bedroom and pulled on some sweats before climbing into bed and dialing Olivia's hospital room's number.

"Hello?" She yawned.

"Hey, pretty lady." I smiled softly.

"I'm going to have a huge scar, El." She whimpered.

"A battle scar, Olivia. So, how are you feeling?" I asked.

"Sore. I want to get back to work."

"You can go back to work, but you are going to be exhausted." I breathed.

"I don't want to go through chemo." She breathed.

"I know, but love, you have to. I don't want to lose you." I swallowed hard.

"I don't want to leave either, I just don't want to lose my hair. I don't want to be exhausted or be able to sleep but not run after my daughter." She whimpered, and a tear ran down my cheek.

"Let's not talk about this now." I spoke.

"What is up with Gus?" She asked.

"He's scared." I admitted.

"Of what, El?"

"Of losing you." I replied, and she went silent.

"Why? Do they know about my cancer?"

"Yes. He's scared because he knows that cancer took his Mom, and since you and him have gotten kinda close since you sorta moved in with us." I replied.

"I don't want to die, El." She sobbed, and tears ran down my cheeks.

"You aren't going to die, Olivia. I promise you that. I'm going to be by your side as you fight this. I'm going to be here until you come home, then I am never going to let you leave again."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback! :D