~22~

Elliot's POV

Olivia came down stairs the morning of the meet up with my mother, and I was sitting in the recliner, Hanna on my lap as we watched TV. Olivia smiled when she saw this. I didn't want to make Hanna feel like I didn't care for her as a father did, because I love that little girl like she is my own.

"Where's Gus?" Liv asked, as she came over and kissed me gently, before kissing Hanna's forehead.

"He is still sleeping."

"Alright, well, Hanna, baby girl, are you hungry?" She asked, and Hanna nodded,but cuddled closer to me.

"Yeah, but I don't wanna move." She yawned, and Liv laughed.

"Alright, I'll make some breakfast."

Liv cooked for a bit before I went in and talked to her.

"Babe, do you want to maybe come today?" I asked, and she turned around to look at me.

"What?" She questioned.

"Do you want to meet my mother?"

"Y-yeah. But I thought you wanted to do this alone?"

"I did, but my alone is you now." I breathed, and she smiled.

"I can try and find a sitter for Hanna."

"No. You are going to be my wife, and Hanna is my daughter." I spoke, and she started to cry.

"Babe?" I questioned, as I walked over to her and held her close.

"I love you so much." She cried, before starting to laugh.

"My small statement really meant that much?" I asked, and she nodded.

"God, I was hoping you would ask."

---

I drove to my mother's beach house, the one she moved in to once my father passed away. Gus was excited because he wanted to swim, and Hanna was happy to build sand castles. Liv was nervous because she hadn't met a mother before, let alone any parents. I guess there is a first time for everything.

"Elliot!" My mother exclaimed from the front door of her house. She waved at me, and I waved back, before getting in the back.

She looked at me with amazement, as Liv got out, and went to the back to gather the things we brought.

"Is this the girlfriend?" She asked, as the four of us walked towards her.

"Yes, Ma. This is Olivia, and her daughter, Hanna." I spoke proudly. My mother reached her hand out to Liv, and Liv shook it.

"Hi, Mrs. Stabler." Liv mumbled, and my mother shook her head.

"Call me Bernie. And, hello sweetie." Bernie spoke, as she leaned down to look Hanna in the eyes.

"Hi." Hanna spoke shyly, before clinging to Olivia.

Maybe this would be fun?

---

Olivia's POV

Bernie was for sure, um, different. She was quirky and really liked to talk about Elliot as a child. It was nice to know more about my future husband, and best friend, but sometimes it got awkward.

I went out back to call the kids for lunch, and I caught a part of their conversation.

"Ma, lay off on the childhood stories, please? Liv looks uncomfortable." Elliot mumbled.

"El, she needs to know what type of child you were, so she can figure out how your babies will be."

"Ma, we don't even know if she can have kids." Elliot sighed, and I frowned.

"Why not?"

"She had lung cancer. She froze some of her eggs, but still. It might've taken a toll on her body." Elliot spoke, and I decided to walk away. I didn't want to hear anymore.

"Alright, come on!" I called, and the kids came running. They were covered in sand, but goofy, happy smiles covered their faces.

I picked up Hanna and held Gus' hand as we walked into the house. I took them to wash their hands, before going in to eat lunch.

As we ate, I saw Bernie watching me. I frowned and swallowed hard.

"Is there something on my face?" I questioned.

"No. I was just thinking..." She trailed off, and Elliot shot her a angry look.

"Don't, Ma."

"Olivia, do you want children with me son? He has always wanted a big family." She spoke, and I blushed. But the kids stared at me, and I swallowed hard.

"Um, if my body can do it, yes." I breathed, and the kids squealed.

"I want another sister!" Hanna exclaimed, but then Gus said he wanted a brother.

I grew anxious, and looked at Elliot, who could tell.

"Alright, calm down kids." Elliot spoke, and the kids frowned.

"Daddy!" Gus whined, and I swallowed hard.

"Come on, eat. Then we can all go swimming."

---

I sat with my legs pulled to my chest as I watched Elliot swim with the kids. My head was full with everything.

"Want some lemonade?" Bernie asked, and I shook my head.

"No thanks." I replied, and she sat next to me and drank from her glass.

"I'm sorry." She spoke, and I shrugged.

"It's fine. No need to apologize. It was a legit question."

"I just know that Elliot wants a big family. He and Kelly were having a little girl, but they lost her." 

"I know. Elliot told me about it when he was drunk one night." I breathed.

"Does he drunk a lot?"

"No. He is going to AA meetings. He isn't bad, but it was the only way I let him come back to work."

"You allowed it?"

"I'm the commanding officer of his unit."

"Oh!" She laughed, and I smiled.

"I clearly wear the pants in this relationship." I laughed slightly, and she smiled.

"I like you, Olivia. And you both clearly love each other."

"Bernie, wanna know a secret?" I asked, and she nodded.

"Of course."

"I've loved you son for years. Since I started working at SVU. I just never acted on those feelings." I breathed, and she smiled.

"Well, I'm happy to hear that. And if it matters at all, I give you my blessing. I just wish you two would get married before I pass."

"Are you getting treatment?" I asked.

"Yes, but I'm weak." She replied, and I frowned.

"If I could make it through my cancer, you can too. You are stubborn, or at least Elliot says you are." I spoke, and she chuckled.

"He isn't lying. Thanks for taking care of him, and Gus. Those two are so important to me."

"I love Gus like my own, just like Elliot loves Hanna like his own. This relationship we have going is good for all of us, and I'm happy. I've never been this happy."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback! :D