Chapter 20

Breaking into the United States Supermax Federal Penitentiary that was underneath Area 51 was the easy part. Breaking out was going to be the hard part. 

Shadow drifted through the gates of Area 51 on his motorcycle without hesitation. The guard snipers all took their shots, but Shadow was too quick for them. With the upgrades put on his motorcycle by Gru, he shot onto the airfield. Sirens blazed and tanks began to roll out of hangars in order to kill Shadow. Shadow activated the forcefield, so he would be indestructible when missiles were launched at him. He drifted into one of the hangers and dodged an explosive. Shadow ditched his motorcycle and jumped into an elevator. He punched in the code for the prison cell, and began his long descent.

10 guards were waiting for Shadow to exit the elevator with their guns aimed at the door. The door opened, and Shadow mowed them all down with his AK-47. He exited the elevator and entered the long white hallway. He ran down the hallway until he reached a vault-like door. Shadow took out his explosives and attached them to the door. 5 seconds later, the explosion rocked the corridor. Shadow stepped through the door and reached his destination.

It was a pure white room. A glass wall from the floor to the ceiling stood in the center of the room, dividing it into two sides. Shadow walked forward to the glass wall and looked through it.

A man in a pink spandex body suit sat in the opposite side of the glass. He was looking at the ground, and was motionless except for when he breathed.

"Filthy Frank." said Shadow.

Frank looked up and smiled. "Shadow. I suppose the time has come, hasn't it?"

"What are you talking about? Quit talking nonsense. Tell me where the Emeralds are and I'll break you out of here." said Shadow as he pulled out the red Chaos Emerald.

"Ah, yes. Something that I've always wondered is how exactly did you get that Emerald?"

"What do you mean? It was just...inside of me. After that White House attack I woke up, and there it was. How do you know that I had this?"

"Well, I guess that does make sense. You ARE a Knight of Chaos after all. Isn't that right, Shadow?" said Frank.

"What do you mean? Luigi said the same thing to me! What's a Knight of Chaos? Tell me, or I'll let you rot in here for the rest of your life!" demanded Shadow.

"You'll find out sooner or later. Anyways, care to tell me why you came to me for help?"

Shadow was getting angry. "Back at the White House I used the Chaos Emerald to go somewhere. I saw you there. You're the only lead I have to finding these things."

"Your brother. Sonic. I know all about it, man." said Filthy Frank.

"Huh? How? Who even are you? How do you know these things?" Shadow asked.

"I know a lot of things. Including, what you're gonna do next."

"And what would that be?"

"You're trying to gather some Chaos Emeralds and team up with the Memesistance so you can defeat Luigi and save your brother from the second reality. There's no hiding things from me. I suggest you bring the red one straight to the Memesistance when you leave here. That would be easiest. I could help you, too. If you want." explained Frank.

"ENOUGH!" shouted Shadow. He punched the glass wall and a small fracture appeared on it. "Tell me where the Chaos Emeralds are! NOW!"

"Relax, man. Look, you've got some balls breaking into the most highly guarded prison in the country. I'll give you that. Especially, because you are the most wanted man in America because you killed Mike Pence. Didn't forget about that now, did you?" There was a short pause of silence. "The guards will be here any minute, Shadow. This is your chance to back out of all of this. From this point onward, there will be no turning back. Are you sure you want to do this?"