Chapter 21

"Excellent work, Scar!" praised Stewie as he landed the jet into the hangar in Gru's backyard.

"Hey, I helped out too!" said Garfield.

"But I took the initiative, silly boy." Scar said to Garfield. Garfield did not like being overshadowed, but he had to endure the hate anyways. His day would come soon enough.

Stewie, Gru, Scar, and Garfield filed out of the jet and into the secret lair. Gru carried Jessie and Rodrick, who were both unconscious, while Stewie caressed the Chaos Emerald in his hand. "This is going rather well so far. We're even with those wretched heroes now! We each of one Emerald." said Stewie. The gang walked up to the supercomputer, which was in the center of the large room. 

"Uh, about that..." muttered Scar.

"What? Tell me!" demanded Stewie.

"The Memesistance has the red Emerald, too. Shadow gave it to them."

"WHAT?!?!" Stewie's shriek echoed throughout the lair. "Shadow? That's why he abandoned us? To help out the enemy? From now on he is another one of our sworn enemies! Kill on sight!"

"I wonder what made him leave without any explanation...The last time he was with us was at the White House, right?" asked Gru.

"Precisely. I look forward to the day when I get to kill him with my own two hands!" laughed Stewie. Luigi's power was slowly descending Stewie into madness. Suddenly, the green Chaos Emerald began to emit a strange glow. In a flash, Kermit the Frog emerged from the gemstone's surface. He popped out and fell onto the floor. "What? Who are you! Explain yourself!" demanded Stewie. 

Kermit was shaking. The last thing he remembered was Scar tearing apart Judy Hopps. "I-My name is Kermit. Where am I?"

"Scar, throw him in the dungeon along with the others!" said Stewie. Scar nodded, and Gru placed Jessie and Rodrick on his back. Scar carried the prisoners out of sight. Kermit cried for help, but none came to his aid. His whole life had just took a drastic turn. "What was that? How did that frog get inside of the Emerald? I need answers! I'll get to the bottom of this!"

"Stewie, I think you need to calm down. Take a deep breath. Let's get some sleep." suggested Gru. Suddenly, all of the lights in the lair switched off. Everybody was left in pitch darkness. The red emergency backup lights switched on, but they were very faint.

"What's going on? Did the power switch off? Gru, I thought you had the best electricity system in the neighborhood!" asked a confused Stewie Griffin. Brian, the Once-ler, Waluigi, and other T.H.O.T.S. members rushed into the lair.

"STEWIE GRIFFIN." The voice boomed throughout the lair. The T.H.O.T.S. were being hacked. It was a deep voice, and sounded like it was encrypted so the hacker's true voice was not revealed. 

"Who are you? Are you a hacker?" asked Stewie.

"YOUR RULE IS OVER. YOU HAVE DISAPPOINTED LUIGI FAR TOO MANY TIMES. OUR SAVIOR HAS CHOSEN A NEW MESSIAH. THOTS REJOICE, THE REIGN OF THE SMALL CHILD IS OVER."

"How dare you speak of overthrowing me? I will not submit to the likes of you!" said Stewie.

"YOU DO NOT KNOW MY POWER. YOU ALL WORK FOR ME NOW. DO AS I SAY, AND WE WILL RALLY BEHIND LUIGI AT THE END OF TIME TOGETHER AS GODS."

"You don't hold any power over us! Leave us now, and maybe we'll spare you!" As Stewie finished speaking, the Once-ler dropped dead on the ground. Somehow, the hacker had killed him.

"TELL ME, DO YOU WANT THAT TO BE YOU? I CAN KILL ALL OF YOU IN THIS ROOM IN AN INSTANT IF YOU FAIL TO SUSTAIN LUIGI."

Stewie was shook. Why had Luigi chosen a new servant? He refused to believe it.