Chapter 1: New School

The Boy is Jason, the fox is Katie

Jason's P.o.V

It was my first day at my new school, and I was slightly afraid. At my old school I was bullied by some people, and thrown into a depression by two people in particular, people I thought I could trust. "Have a good day at school, Jason" my mum said as I got out the car. "Okay mum, I'll try" I replied and shut the door. I opened the back door to the car and grabbed my bag, then closed it and watched my mum drive off and sighed. I turned and instantly walked into a massive black bull. "Watch where you going, runt!" he growled and I apologised and walked off quickly. I entered the school and walked down the corridor, avoiding people. I'm quiet and don't really like to socialise that much with people so instead, I try to avoid them. I reached the end of the corridor and got out my timetable, then flipped it over and looked at the back. E115 I thought and set off to find my form room. The problem was the school was massive, so I couldn't find my form. When the bell went and I was still wandering around, looking for it and getting worried that I would get told off for being late. I turned a corner and bumped into someone and instantly apologised. "No, its fine" she said and I looked at her. She was an adorable fox with orange, brown and white fur, long brown hair and beautiful blue eyes. "Do you know where E115 is?" I asked and she giggled and nodded. "Down the hall, third on the left" she said and I breathed out, "Thank you". I waved her goodbye and walked down the hall until stopping at my form room. I knocked on the door and a female lion walked out. "Hello, can I help you young man?" she asked and I couldn't say anything, I was too nervous. "I-I'm new here. Th-This is my f-form room" I stuttered and she gave a warm hearted smile. "You must be Jason. Come in, I'll introduce you to everyone" she said, opening the door and letting me walk in. I stood at the front and everyone stared at me, making me blush nervously. "This is Jason, he is new here so please be kind to him" the teacher said pointing to an empty table. "Well, the bell is about to go, everyone to your first lesson" she said and people cleared out and went and sat down, this was my first period.

When the teacher for first finally showed up, I was almost asleep on the desk. Everyone came and sat down and the teacher did the register. "There are sheets on your desks. Answer them" he yawned and laid his head on the desk, then started snoring. "Hey" the girl sitting next to me said and I looked over and it was the cute fox from before. "I forgot to introduce myself earlier, I'm Katie" she said, holding out her paw. "Jason" I said shaking it. "So, you're the new kid?" she said, examining me curiously and I nodded. "Nice to meet you" she smiled and I smiled back. "You're really cute, by the way" I said making her blush. "Don't" she said, smiling and looking down, trying to hide that she was blushing. "Okay. So is every lesson like this?" I asked looking at the teacher asleep while spinning my pencil around my fingers. "Yeah, but we do the work and find other stuff to do" she said when my pencil flung out my paw and hit her in the face. I blushed, so embarrassed, "I'm so sorry". She shook her head and picked up and handed it back to me. "Its fine Jason" she said before her amazing smile disappeared. "Why do you have scars on your wrist?" she asked and I swallowed nervously. "I'm going through grief. My ex-girlfriend left me for my best friend. She claims to have never loved me and was just using me to get to him. And he left me for her" I said and she sighed. "I cut myself, I ate less, I hid away, didn't talk to anyone. My mum could tell something was wrong but it was when I tried to hang myself and the fan couldn't hold my weight that they knew what was wrong. That's one reason why we moved" I said, tears making my cheek fur wet. "Hey, I didn't mean to make you cry, Jason" she said and I sniffed and dried my eyes with the back of my paws. "It's not your fault Katie" I said as she wrote something down. "What are you writing?" I asked as she put her pen down and ripped the top of the paper off and handed it to me. "If you ever feel down, or upset or even suicidal. talk to me" she said, smiling again and I looked down at the paper. It was a phone number and I smiled. "Thanks Katie. I wasn't expecting to make friends this quick" I said and she put her paw on my face and stroked it with her thumb. "You missed a tear" she said and I chuckled, "Thanks".