Chapter 3: He Loves Me?

The Next Day
Katie's P.o.V

"Hey Carrie, can I ask you something?" I asked and she nodded, brushing her hair out of her face. "So, you're around Jason a lot aren't you?" I asked and she nodded. "Well, him and John are best friends, so I kinda have to be around him a lot" she said and I nodded. "Yeah, I guess so, but I wan-" I started before someone stepped on my tail, which made me yelp from the pain. "Watch where you're going you fucking idiot!" I shouted, turning but it was Max which made me feel like shit. He started to tear up and Carrie got up and hugged him as my ears drooped. Max was a nice guy, but he was far too easy to upset which is usually annoying but if you upset him, you felt like shit. "Max... I didn't mean to shout, I didn't see it was you" I said as Carrie calmed him. "Hey, stop crying Maxy, she didn't mean it" she said but Max didn't stop crying. I felt like an arsehole so I just stayed quiet. Carrie lifted his chin and kissed his forehead, "Come on Maxy, you're grown up. I know you didn't mean to step on her tail, just as she didn't mean to shout at you" Carrie said and Max sniffed, wiped the tears from his face as Carrie added, "Now can you please apologise to Katie and she'll apologise to you, okay?". Max nodded and looked over at me, "Ka-Katie, I'm-*sniff*-sorry f-for step-*sniff*-stepping on yo-your tail" he blubbered and I got up and hugged him. "I'm sorry Max, I didn't see it was you. I didn't mean any of it and I forgive you" I said and he smiled slightly as I let go. "That's my boy" Carrie said, kissing Max's forehead again. He gave Carrie one last hug before walking off. I smirked as Carrie sat back down. "I don't believe it" I said and she tilted her head slightly in confusion. "Don't believe what?" She asked and I laughed slightly. "You, you're a born mother. You treated Max like your child" I said but she shook her head. "No no. I was trying to cheer him up. I thought about how my mum cheers me up and did that. And anyway, I may want children but that doesn't mean I would be a born mother" she said and I rolled my eyes and chuckled. "Whatever, Mrs Henshaw" I said and she hit me. "Don't call me that!" She said, slightly angered. "Why not Mrs Henshaw?" I grinned and clenched her fist and stood up. "At least I'm not Jason's Cookie!" She shouted which confused me and shocked me. "What?! 'Jason's Cookie'?" I asked and she gasped. "Oh no. I didn't mean to say that" she said sitting down again, her ears drooping. "Carrie, what do you mean?!" I demanded but she shook her head. "I-I can't tell you" she said, looking slightly scared actually. "Carrie what's wrong?" I asked, getting worried but she didn't answer me. "Carrie, tell me please" I said and she breathed out. "I can't. Jason would flip out at me" she said. "Jason wouldn't flip out at you. You're his friend and he's very kind" I said but she shook her head. "He has a heartless side to him he hides away, I've seen it. He flipped out at Max recently which is why he wasn't playing rugby with them yesterday. I don't know why but Jason just started to shout insults at Max, like he'd lost control" Carrie said and I hugged her. "He hasn't told me about this, but I still want to know what you meant" I said and she sighed. "It's pointless arguing with you Katie. He's come to me and told me he feels strange feeling around you. I've told him that he might be crushing on you" she said and I sat there shocked. "I... I need to ask him about this" I said getting up but Carrie grabbed my paw. "No! He'll hate me!" She said but I broke free. "I don't care Carrie, I love him and I need to hear it from him!" I said, running towards where Jason was hanging out with his friends.

"Jace, can I ask you something in private?" I asked and he nodded as I saw Carrie in the corner of my eye. We walked off but I heard Carrie say, "John, Katie's gonna ask Jason if he-" before we were too far away. Jason stopped and stood in front of me, a very kind smile on his face, I wanted to kiss him so bad. "Carrie told me something, I wanted to ask you personally" I said, blushing and he sighed, ears drooping. "Is this about me flipping out at Max? Because he was teasing me about making a move on you because we're friends" he said and I shook my head. "No Jace. D-Do you...do you like me?" I asked and his face went really red as his eyes widened. "Uhh..." He said as I held his paws, feeling him trembling. "I...I um...l-li-" I started before someone pushed me hard into Jason, and we both fell. Our lips clashed and I blushed even brighter but didn't pull away, I went even further. I kissed him harder and he looked extremely shocked but melted into it. Our tongues wrestled and I moaned slightly before someone said, "Say cheese!". I broke the kiss and we both looked over, a string of saliva connecting our mouths together as someone took a photo, the flash blinding me momentarily. "Stan! What are you doing?!" Jason said as I rubbed my eyes. "Oh sorry, want to be left alone with your Cookie?" Stan's voice said and I looked back over at him with Marie, Carrie and John. "Who pushed me?!" I demanded and Carrie pointed at John. "Wow sweetie" he said as I got off Jason. "Why John?!" I said angry but he just had a calm grin on his face. "What?! Don't pretend like you didn't like it" he said and I blushed as Jason hugged me. "I didn't like it...I loved it" I said and Jason kissed my neck. "So, it all worked out then" Freddy said walking over and I looked at him confused. "What worked out?" I asked. "This whole plan. Carrie tells you, you ask Jason, we get you two to kiss and I'm gonna run now" Freddy said running off as Jason clenched his fists. "Calm down Jason" I said, kissing him softly on the cheek and he breathed out. "Fine Katie" he said, hugging me and kissing me as Marie, Stan, Carrie and John did the wolf whistle. "Shut up" I said, breaking the kiss. "Well, we'll leave you two alone" John said and they all left. "Jason, we've only known each other for a week but, I feel like it's been a lifetime" I said and he smiled. "Well, I guess it only takes a week to fall in love with the most beautiful fox on the planet" he said and I kissed him again. I love him.

After School

"So, what do you wanna do Cookie?" Jason asked as we walked down the stairs. "How about going for some ice cream?" I asked smiling and he smiled and nodded. "Sure, let's go" he said, wrapping his tail around me. "Teddy Bear!" Someone shouted and we turned to see Emma. She ran over to us and asked, "Where are you going? Mum will be here soon" she asked. "Oh, me and Katie are going to town. Please let mum know" Jason said and she nodded. "Okay, bye Teddy Bear" Emma said, hugging Jason tightly and then walking off as we turned and kept walking. "Why does she call you Teddy Bear?" I asked and he chuckled. "I thought it was obvious. She calls me Teddy Bear because she loves hugging me, and I'm always there for her in times when she needs me most" he replied and I nodded. "Umm, I don't actually know where any ice cream shops are here, still quite new" he said and I giggled. "I'll show you" I said and we started to walk to the nearest ice cream shop. "Hey Jace, quick question" I said and he nodded. "What happened with your ex?" I asked and his ears drooped slightly. "Oh. Well, me and Jessie were friends for years and then one day she tells me she liked me. I had been in love with her since I first saw her, so we got together. It was about a year later when I saw her kiss Wade, who was my best friend, that I questioned her. She told me that she never actually loved me, she was only trying to get close to Wade. She used me to get to my best friend, and he abandoned me to be with her" Jason said upsetting me so I stopped and hugged him. "I'm so sorry Jace, she sounds like a bitch. Just know that I love you, I'm not using you or anything like that, okay?" I said and he nodded and kissed me. "I know Katie, lets just keep going" he said and I let go, held his paw and we kept walking to the ice cream shop. "You know what Cookie? Tomorrow night, would you like to go out to dinner with me?" Jason asked and I grinned. "You asking me out on a date, Jace?" I asked and he blushed slightly. "Y-You don't have to if you don't want to" he said and I put a finger on his lips. "I would love to Jace" I grinned and he smiled. "I gonna hope that this never ends Katie" he said and I nodded. "Yeah, I would hate that" I said as we arrived at the ice cream shop. "Let's order shall we? Then a walk in the park would be just lovely" I suggested and he nodded. This should be fun I thought.

Was this good or cringy? Just want to know for reasons. Anyway, I know that this is quite early in the book for them to get together but I thought it would be better with them together, doing cutesy romance things. Also, chapters are going to be rarely published over the next couple months. I have my GCSE's starting on Tuesday and I have to revise for them. I will try and squeeze in time for typing but don't hold your breath. I hope you enjoyed guys, see you soon.