Chapter 2: Tormenting Feelings

Jason's P.o.V

It had been a week now, and I had become great friends with John, Carrie and Katie. But there was something different about her. She made me feel happy, safe. I had told Carrie and she said I might be crushing on her. I had tried to hide my feelings from my other friends but to no success, well except for Katie. John had introduced me to a husky couple they were great friends with, Stan was a dark grey and light grey husky with green eyes and Marie was a brown and white husky with purple eyes. I had also made friends with a brown and white Lakeland terrier called Freddy, who had a massive crush on a pink, light blue and white Labrador called Amber. Then there was Max, a brown and yellow German Shepard who was in love with a horse called Jamie. None of us minded that he was gay, even though we kept it between us, but we did occasionally tease him about it. Me, John, Freddy and Stan were playing a bit of rugby. I got the ball and ran, evading everyone. I glanced back and saw them all on the ground and slowed down, laughing at them when I saw Katie. "Hey Katie" I called, waving at her. "Hey, brace yourself" she shouted and I got slightly confused before I got tackled by everyone. "Get your head out the clouds!" John said and grabbed the ball. The others got off me and ran after him as I sat up. "You alright Jace?"(pronounced like mace but with a J instead of an M) Katie asked and I nodded. "So, what did you want Katie?" I asked, standing up. "Who said I wanted anything Jace?" She grinned and I chuckled. 'Jace' seemed to be my nickname. I didn't mind it but Katie seemed to love calling me it. "You'd only come over here if you wanted something" I said and she hugged me and whispered in my ear, "Maybe I just want to see my little Jason". I chuckled and hugged her back. Something hit the back of my head. "Just kiss her already!" Freddy shouted and my eyes widened and I started to blush. I let go and she was blushing too. My tail was wrapping round my left leg, I do that when I'm nervous or embarrassed. "Um...I-I should go" Katie said and I nodded. "Y-Yeah, see you later" I said, scratching the back of my head as she walked off. I picked up the ball and walked over to Freddy, John and Stan, all of which were laughing. "Thanks a lot prick" I said, slapping the back of Freddy's head. "Just go for it Jason. We won't judge you" he said, holding his head. I smirked, "Don't be a hypocrite then. Kiss Amber next time you see her" I said and he blushed and we all laughed. "Shut up!" He said pushing me. "Doesn't feel nice does it?" I said and he shook his head. "Sorry Jason. Let's just keep playing" Freddy said.

The bell went and we all stopped. "Oh, times really flown" John said, looking at his watch. "Guess so. What is it now?" Stan asked. "Umm, maths I think" Freddy said and I nodded. "Yeah. C'mon lets go" I said and we grabbed our stuff and walked to maths, talking on the way. When we got there I said goodbye and walked into my maths class, only to see someone in my seat next to Katie, their arm around her. I walked over to them and coughed, getting his attention. "You're in my seat" I said, arms crossed and he rolled his eyes. "Whatever bitch. Now, give us a kiss " he said and Katie put her paw on his chest, trying to keep him away. I grew angry and grabbed his collar, pulling him up and off the chair. "Get away from her!" I growled, my fists clenched and gritting my teeth. "He came back, about to punch me when the teacher walked in. He grunted, grabbed his bag and walked off. I breathed in and out heavily, calming down. I put my bag down, then sat down. I got my stuff out as Katie said, "Jason, you didn't have to do that. He was just playing around". I slammed my book on the table and said, "Katie, he was trying to kiss you! You clearly didn't want him to kiss you!". She looked at me, confused and slightly afraid. "J-Jason, why does it matter so much to you?" She asked and I scrunched a page in my book up. "Because I care for you Katie!" I said and she just stared at me and I started blushing, "Jason, stop talking!" Miss shouted, right in front of me and I jumped, afraid. "I've told you 3 times already!" She added and my ears drooped in fear. "S-S-Sorry Miss" I whimpered and people giggled. She walked back to the front of the class and I felt Katie hold my paw, making me blush brighter. "Scared Jace?" She grinned and I shook my head, trembling as I did and she giggled cutely. "Big bad Jason got scared" she said and I sighed. "Now, I get you care for me as we're best friends, but I could have handled that. You didn't have to anything" Katie said and I wanted to tell her that it wasn't just because we were best friends, it was because I was falling in love with her more each day. "I'm... I lo-" I started but cut myself off, "Never mind". She now looked confused and curious, "No, what where you gonna say?" She asked but I shook my head. "Just...don't worry Katie" I replied and she sighed. "Fine" she said and I felt relieved, Thank god I thought.

After School

When I got home, I sat in my room and thought about earlier. "Teddy Bear, why are you blushing?" Emma said and I looked over at my door to see her there and blushed harder, slightly embarrassed. "E-Emma, get out!" I said but she walked in and sat down. "What's wrong Teddy Bear?" She asked hugging me. "Emma, leave me alone please" I said and she looked up at me. "Have I done something?" She asked and I pushed her off. "Emma, please leave me alone!" I said, starting to get agitated with her. "No, did something happen at school? Do you want me to get mum up here?" She asked and I lost it. "Get out of my room!" I shouted at her, pointing at the door. Her ears dropped and she started to cry and I realised what I had done. "Oh god, I didn't mean it Emma, I'm sorry" I said, shuffling over to her but she ran out of my room, leaving me feeling like a piece of shit. I walked over and shut my door, then went back over to my bed and sat down. "Twat" I said, ramming my head into the wall, which hurt. "Twat, twat, twat!" I shouted at myself, doing it more before stopping, holding my head in pain. I curled myself up into a ball and thought about Katie, her adorable face. I wish I could just tell her how I felt, but it could ruin our relationship. My door slammed open and I looked over at my mum. "Why is Emma crying?!" She said, clearly angry. "I wanted to be alone and she would leave me alone, I didn't mean to shout at her" I said. "I want you to apologise to her" she said, leaving. I sighed and hugged my legs, curled up in a ball. I sighed, I didn't mean to shout at Emma, I...wait, what if I flip out at Katie? I thought and got upset slightly. She would hate me I thought, closing my eyes. I love you Katie, I wish you felt the same I thought, drifting off to sleep.

Sorry that this was shorter and a lot shitter. I'll try and make the chapters more engaging, but I don't know if I can. Sorry guys.