Chapter 12: 1 Year Anniversary

2 Months Later
Jason's P.o.V

I smiled, putting on my blue polo shirt and black smart jeans. It had officially been 1 year since me and Katie started dating, and it had been the best god dam year ever. I picked up the box and opened it, smiling at the beautiful necklace and bracelet inside. Thank god Bertie gave me a slight discount I thought, slipping it into my jeans. Someone knocked on my bedroom door and I turned my head to see it open and my mum stick her head in. "Ready to go?" She asked smiling and I nodded. "Thanks for getting me and Katie reservations mum I said and she shook her head. "No need to thank me. Anything for you two cuties" she said making me blush slightly. "Let's go" I said, grabbing my jacket and walking to the door and she opened it for me. We went downstairs and left the house, getting in the car and mum drove me to the restaurant.

I got out and Katie was waiting in a long sleeve, button up white shirt and black skinny jeans. "Bye mum, thanks!" I said going to leave but mum grabbed me and kissed my cheek, making me blush as Katie was looking at us, giggling. "Mum!" I said, slightly annoyed and she laughed, ruffling my hair. "I love you too Jason. Have fun now!" She said and I got out. She drove off and I rubbed my cheek with my arm. "Hi Jace!" Katie said, still giggling slightly. I was still blushing slightly, I felt really embarrassed that my mum had just kissed me in front of my girlfriend. I kissed her on the lips and she giggled again. "So, 1 whole year together Jace. I'm surprised you're not bored of me yet" she said but I shook my head. "How could I ever get bored of you?" I said, hugging her. "So, let's go in shall we?" I said and she nodded.

"Reservation for King" I said but the man looked slightly confused looking at his list. "No, I have nothing here for King..." He said flipping the page as me and Katie looked at each other slightly worried before he smiled. "Oh no here we are. Mr and Mrs King?" He said and we both blushed. Wow mum! I thought to myself. "Yes, that's us" Katie said as I rolled my eyes. "You two look a little young to be married, or do you use some amazing beauty products?" The man said, leading us to our table. "Oh. We're not married, not yet. My mum must have booked the table like that to annoy me" I said and he chuckled. "Lovely mother" he said and me and Katie sat down. He handed us menus and left. "So, my initials would be K.L.K when we get married" she said putting her paw on the table. I held it and smiled. "It would. Could you imagine of your first could be a last name, and you got married to someone with that last name?" I said but my explanation clearly confused her. "Huh?" She asked, looking at drinks. I thought for a minute before saying. "Alright, say you've got a girl called Winter Smith, okay? She falls in love with a... Matthew Winter. If they got married, Winter would be Winter Winter" I said and she laughed slightly. "That would be weird" she said and I grinned. "The names Winter. Winter Winter" I said, pretending to be James Bond making her giggle cutely. "You're so silly. It's a reason I love you so much" she said and I smiled, wrapping my tail round myself and pretending I was wrapping it round her.

We ordered drinks and starters, garlic bread to be precise, and now we're waiting for our mains to arrive. I had ordered a bolognese, Katie had ordered a gammon chop with eggs, peas and chips. "So, what do you want to do after we eaten?" Katie asked and I shrugged. "I'm not sure. We could go to the lake, go to the par-" I said but she cut me off. "Ooh, can we go to the lake?" She said and gave me puppy dog eyes, cutely drooping her ears and putting her paws beneath her chin. "Pwease?" She said and I melted at the cuteness. "Oh my god! That face is so cute! Of course we can" I said and she smiled. "Yay! That sound like fun!" She said and giggled. The box in my jean pocket was really starting to annoy me so I said, "Katie, can you close your eyes for me please?" She smiled and closed her eyes. "No peaking" I said getting up and she giggled, squeezing her eyes together. I went round and got out the box, taking out the necklace and putting it on her. Then, I got bracelet and slipped it on her left arm, then went back to my chair. "Okay, you can open them" I said and she did, instantly looking down. She looked at the end of the necklace and smiled, the kind when you see something cute and are melting. At the end of the necklace was a little silver wolf hugging a little silver fox, on the bracelet it read, Thank you for staying with me all this time Katie. Thanks to you I now know, Love mends any wound.  She read it and smiled more, I sat there twiddling my thumbs. "I love them Jace! Thank you!" She said and we leaned over and kissed. Put the corner of my eye, I saw our food and broke it. "Here's a little fun fact, if John hadn't introduced me to Bertie, and we hadn't become friends, I wouldn't have been able to afford that. He gave me a discount" I said and she chuckled as our food arrived. "Bertie is such a sweet little boy" she said and I chuckled as we started to eat.

We finished and left the restaurant, after dessert of course. A lovely ice cream that we shared, strawberry, vanilla and chocolate. We walked to the lake and sat at the edge, holding paws and kissing. "The lake is so clear, so beautiful, isn't it?" Katie said and I smiled. "Ugly compared to you" I said and she smiled. "I love you too Jace" she said kissing me again and I chuckled. "Can I take these off for a sec Jace?" She asked, referring to her necklace and bracelet. I nodded taking out the box and she put them in, as well as her ear rings. I put the box back under my jacket and stood up, stretching my legs. She also stood up and came right in front of me, gently feeling my chest. "God your so hot Jace" she grinned and I smiled and was about to thank her before she added, "You need to cool off" and pushed me, making me fall backwards into the lake. I swam back up to the surface and she was giggling as I treaded water. "Why Katie?!" I said and she kept laughing. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her, making her fall in as well. I laughed as she reached the surface. She laughed to and hugged me, making me start to sink slightly. "Well, now we're soaking" she said and I chuckled. "Want to go for a swim around the lake?" I asked and she grinned. "Want to go skinny dipping?" She asked and I blushed. I looked around but nobody was in sight so I grinned, nodding.

After about an hour and a half of skinny dipping, swimming, racing, floating and maybe a little bit of sex too, we finally were exhausted. "Are our clothes dry yet?" I asked and Katie felt them. "My shirt isn't, then again it was a long sleeve one so it takes longer" she said and I thought of a solution. "Is my shirt dry?" I asked and she nodded, handing it to me but I shook my head. "You wear it, I'm fine going topless. Plus, I do have my jacket" I said and she chuckled. "Thank you Jason" she said and we got dressed. She put her jewellery back on and we left, walking home and holding paws. "Hey Jace, what do you think everyone would say if I proposed to you?" Katie asked and I laughed. "What, big, tough Jason gets proposed to like a girl?" I said and she slapped me. "Yes, exactly" she said. I smiled, "Blush and face palm probably, realising I was too slow again" I said making her laugh. "It's be worse if you did it in front of the rugby team" I said them remembered. "Oh yeah, we have a match in a week" I said and she sighed and hugged my side. "You know I hate you playing rugby. It's a dangerous sport" she said and I chuckled. "Carrie hates John playing it but he still does" I said and Carrie rolled her eyes. "Yeah, but John's broken like, 3 bones playing rugby" she said and I chuckled. "I'd make sure it's my right paw, then I can't write in lessons" I said and she giggled. "I'd probably have to do it for you" she said and I chuckled as we reached her house. "Well, this is my stop"she said and opening the door and walking in slightly. She took off my shirt and handed it to me, and I handed hers to her. "Thank you for this day Jace. It's been amazing" Katie said smiling and I kissed her passionately. We kissed for a good few seconds before breaking it. "You're welcome Katie. Happy anniversary" I said and she smiled. "And there's plenty more I want to spend with you" she said kissing my cheek as I left. She closed the door and I walked home. I want to spend the rest of my years with you Cookie.

Still confuzzled? Even more because I said that? First, it's a furry con, second, it sounds like confused so I sometimes say it instead of confused. Anyway, 1 year ago today, I published Chapter 1 of Love Has No Boundaries. I can't believe that it's already been a whole year, and I want to thank everyone for sticking with these books over the past year. You guys have given me the inspiration to keep writing, and I know like everyone says this, but I would be at this stage without you guys. If any of y'all are thinking of writing something similar(furry romance), don't think "It's gonna be the best" or. "Nobody will read it". I knew people would read my books, it would only take time and now, I've nearly got 4K reads on Love Has No Boundaries. It may also be because there is a very small number of straight furry books, most are gay. I've forgotten the point to be honest. One last thing before I go, please go and follow _foxytrot and read his books. He really helped me to come back from my absence earlier this year, when I was gone for about 4 months. His books are great but he's currently got a small writers block which should explain the lack of updates. Thank you all for reading, and voting, and commenting over this past year. I love you all, stay fwuffy.