Chapter 7: Sick Day

2 Months Later
Jason's P.o.V

Things with Katie over the past couple months have been going swell, although she has brought up something about her friend, Kim. She says how Kim hasn't been talking to her much for about 2 months and when she did, she just seemed to get angry and storm off. I just told Katie to not worry about it, suggesting that maybe Kim is just angry at something in general and can't help but show it and she's trying to be a good friend and not take it out on Katie. Today hasn't been so good, Katie is at home sick, she threw up about 2am. "How you doing without you Cookie?" John asked grinning and I hit him gently. "Shut up John! It's not like you've never given Carrie a nickname!" I said and he chuckled. "You know her name isn't Carrie, it's Caroline. Carrie is just better, it's like...um...." He said trying to thinking of something to compare it to. "Calling Thomas, Tommy?" I said and his face lit up. "Yeah, exactly! Where'd you get that from?" He asked and I grinned. "A couple months ago, Katie told me she was talking with Carrie and Marie when the subject of kids came up. Carrie said if she had a little boy with a cyan tipped tail, she'd call him Tom" I said and his face was kinda blank. "She hasn't spoken to me about this yet" he said, clearly thinking about the idea of kids. "Don't think about it too hard, might hurt your dull brain" I said and he chuckled, giving me a friendly push. "Shut up Jason".

"Hey Bertie! Come here for a sec!" John suddenly said and I looked to my left to see a bulldog walking over. By the way he was walking, he seemed quite confident with a happy smile plastered across his face. "Come on, sit down" John said, patting the log next to him. Bertie nodded and sat down, "So, what did you want John?" He asked. "Wanted to ask how you're doing, and how your dad is" John replied and looked over at me. "Have you met Jason by the way?" He added and Bertie looked at me. "No, not properly. You're the one dating Katie, right?" He said offering his paw and I took it. "Yeah, I am. Nice to meet you Bertie and good grip by the way" I smiled and he let go. "Sorry, I work out a lot so I can help my dad" he said interesting me. "What does your dad do?" I asked and he seemed to smile brighter. "Nobody ever asks about it, I'm kinda surprised. He works at the jewellers downtown. They make all the jewellery in the back of the shop, and because my dads past his prime in more ways than one, I have to help him lift heavy objects, or metals, you know what I'm talking about" he said and I nodded. "Are you gonna work there properly when you're older?" I asked and nodded. "Yeah! Well, I mean I hope to. My dad says he'll try to get me a job when I'm older, considering he's been there for a very long time" he said with a smile, but it was a smile that tells you that someone is upset deep down. "How is he Bertie?" John asked, giving Bertie a friendly pat on the back. "He's fighting it, sees it only as an inconvenience. I wish it was just that" Bertie sighed. "Uhh, can I ask what is wrong?" I asked confused and John sighed. "Lung cancer. All the cigars that he smoked" he said and I understood and rubbed Bertie's back. "MHey, I'm sorry about him, okay? It's god that he sees it as an inconvenience, it shows how he's trying to keep everyone around him slightly more happy" I said and Bertie nodded with a weak smile. "Yeah, I just wish he never got it" he said as the bell rang. "Right, nice to meet you Jason" he said standing up and I shook his paw. "Nice to meet you too Bertie" I said and we all went to our classes.

Timeskip

I knocked on Katie's front door with a box of chocolates and waited, smiling. Her mum opened the door and greeted me with a warm smile, "Hi Jason, here to see Katie?". I nodded and entered, "I'll guess that she's in her room" I said going upstairs to Katie's room. I knocked on the door and heard her say, "Come in". Just by her voice you could tell she wasn't feeling well. I opened the door and instantly, a smile crept across her face. "Hey Jace" she said and I sat down on the bed. "Hey Cookie, feeling any better? I asked but she shook her head. "Still feel like shit" she said and I chuckled wrapping my tail round her. I put the chocolate box on her bedside table and nuzzled her. "What's this?" She asked  opening the box and smiling. "Chocolate huh? God I love you so much" she said kissing my cheek. "I love you too Cookie" I said nuzzling her hair making her giggle. "That tickles slightly" she said and I nuzzled her more making her giggle cutely. "Stop it please!" She said said between cute childish giggles.

I tickled her for a while before stopping, "I have a new favourite activity" I grinned as she was trying to stop giggling. "Oh god..." she groaned with little hiccups of giggling. "You're like a cute lil puppy, you know that?" I said and she licked my cheek. "I do" she giggled as I wiped my cheek with my sleeve laughing. I hugged her tightly and said, "And that's why I love you so much". She hugged back making her head comfy on my chest until she quickly just unbuttoned it and hugged me again. "Much more comfy, and warm" she said snuggling her hair into my warm chest fur. "I had Games last so sorry if it smells of sweat" I said stroking her head, pushing her ears down and watching them go up always gave me a chuckle. "It smells like you, sexy" she said, her voice slightly muffled. I still blushed slightly and replied, "Not as sexy as you" and kissed her head. "Aww thank you Jace" she said nuzzling my chest which tickled and I rested my head on her's, closed my eyes and tried not to laugh. I let out a few chuckles which clearly gave her the signal to nuzzle me more and I started to laugh. "Stop Katie! That tickles!" I said trying to stop laughing and she did. "Only because I'm nicer than you" she said and I laughed again. "I'm nice when I want to be" I said kissing her again. She kissed back and I smiled before she quickly licked my nose. "Really Katie?" I chuckled and she laughed before suddenly stopping and holding her stomach. "My bin, quickly!" She said and I grabbed it and put it in from of her just as she threw up into it. I patted her back as she threw up again, and again, and again. "That all of it?" I said and she shakily nodded. "I'll be here with you, don't worry" I said rubbing her back and put the bin on the floor so we wouldn't accidentally knock it. She smiled weakly and hugged me, "Thank you Jason. I love you". I smiled hugging back gently as to not make her throw up again. "I love you too Cookie".

I have no excuse as to my absence, except: Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, CoD Black Ops/2/3, Halo Reach, Batman AA, Back to the Future, State of Decay, Far Cry 3, Just Cause 2 and GTA V. Oh yeah, I've also not had many ideas. I will definitely release a chapter on the 6th of August, as it's a special day. But there will be a lot of time jumps, large ones. Or just a few, who knows. Considering I'm on holiday now, I hopefully will get a creative burst, and I will have little to distract me. Anyways, thank you all for reading, and thank you for your patience guys.