Chapter Twenty

The date went better than I thought. Honestly, Austin surprised me with his romantics and his ways of finding things out about me, things I never shared with anyone. Even when we were together, I never bothered to mention my interest in history and the Medieval era to Austin, but somehow, some way, he found out about it. However he did it, it impressed me nonetheless.
When we reached my house, I couldn't help but smile at Austin. The night he planned, the simple little dinner and musicians, was so perfect. I had completely forgotten about everything we ever fought about in the past in that moment, and why we weren't even together. Maybe you could call me vulnerable after Beau, but everything he did tonight made me reconsider my relationship with Austin.
He looked up and me and smiled, taking my hand in his.

"I hope you enjoyed this night as much as I did," he said softly with hope in his eyes.

"I did. Thank you, for everything. It was so wonderful, and you're so creative," I complimented.

"Maybe we could do something like this again? Perhaps, Friday night?" He suggested. I nodded.

"I'll consider it, don't get too far ahead of yourself, stud."

He gave me the most sincere, happy grin I've ever seen displayed on his face. My heart fluttered.

"I um- well I-"

"I'll walk you to the door," he interrupted. I nodded and got out of the car, leading him to the door. When we stopped, I ran my fingers through my hair out of nervousness and tried my best to look at Austin without turning completely red. I have no idea what's going on with me, I wish I could control this anxious feeling.

"You know, I'm so much more nervous than usual. There's just something you do to me," he smirked, bringing a hand up to my face. "I've missed you, mia bella."

"Mia bella? Wha-"

"It means, 'my beautiful' in Italian," he stated.

"Since when do you speak Italian?" I asked, puzzled.

"Never, just thought it fit you."

I blushed. Gah, I really need to snap out of this.

"Well um, goodnight, Austin. Thank you again for everything. It was perfect."

"I would do anything for you," he said, kissing my forehead gently. I bit my lip and went to brush the remaining hair out of my face before Austin crashed his lips onto mine. I'd be lying if I said I didn't kiss back. It wasn't long before we started a full on make out session, just completely entangled with each other. I couldn't help myself, I just couldn't control it.
The next thing I knew, I was in my house, leading Austin up the steps. With nobody home, it was the perfect time for it to be just us. I opened the door to my room and turned the lights on, looking back at Austin smirking. He did his sexy laugh when he was uncomfortable, knowing exactly what we were going to do. I locked my door as Austin got settled, just in case, and opened the double doors that led to the balcony. Despite everything, that balcony held so many memories, both good and bad. Looking at it now, I was enticed to go and look at the ocean as the waves crashed into the rocks below. It was so peaceful, and so beautiful.

Austin snuck his hands around my waist from behind and began to kiss my neck. "Where were we?" He asked.

I giggled as I began to undress him, it felt as though nothing had changed. But when my eyes met his, I stopped. What in the Hell was I doing?

"What? What's wrong?" He asked concerned.

"I don't know what I'm doing," I whispered. "I can't do this."

"We don't have to do anything. At all." He said, running his hands through my long hair. "For a matter of fact, I'll leave-"

"Maybe you should leave," I said quietly. "I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me. I just can't do it. I don't trust you enough yet."