Chapter Nineteen

The next morning I woke up at seven thirty exhausted, moody, and absolutely not wanting to go to rehearsals. I'm going on about five hours of sleep and of course that's not good at all considering that I'm going to be worked like hell today. Maybe we will all be lucky and be released a little after one or two.. That sounded more legitimate than nearly midnight for a tour we've already rehearsed thoroughly for.

I got in my moms car and drove down to the studio, thinking about Austin and how he would treat me after last night. In a sense I felt that he had completely changed, but in another I was still skeptical to his feelings. After the occurrence with Beau I somewhat felt vulnerable and maybe a little too vulnerable considering what happened last night with Austin.

  When I reached the studio, Becky and Austin were already there talking to each other but I of course thought nothing of it. At least until I saw how Becky was looking at Austin and how she giggled when he did something cute. She has no idea what happened last night let alone that we were even looking in the same direction again, but why the sudden flirty-ness around someone she told me numerous times she despised?

"Hey Becky" I smiled walking over to her, hoping that the tone of my voice wasn't entirely noticeable.

"Hey dude, you good?" she asked. Of course she noticed. She knows me way too well.

"Yeah 'dude' why wouldn't I be?"

"Uh no reason can we talk for a sec?" She asked, smiling at Austin and pushing me away. "Yo what's wrong with you?"

"The real question is what's wrong with YOU? You hate Austin why were you looking at him like that?" I demanded.

"Summ, I was just being nice and I definitely wasn't looking at him in a special way" she said simply. "Is there something you need to tell me?"

I hesitated. "No. Nothing. Forget it."

"You can tell me anything you know tha-"

"I know. But seriously I have nothing to say." I said before walking away and over to Stacy. The last thing I wanted to do was tell Becky what happened with Austin last night. I knew what she was going to say and honestly it was the last thing I needed.

"I don't know what that was about, but you guys better get it together." Stacy said sternly.

"I got it Stacy. Don't worry about me."

"My job is to worry about you. I know friends fight all the time but you guys are going to be on tour together for six months. Don't give it a rough start for the sake of everyone on this tour, got it?"

"Sure, whatever. Besides, we're not even fighting it was just a misunderstanding." I shrugged off before joining the rest of my dancers and crew. This was going to be hell.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Summer!" Austin called from behind me as I placed my jacket and duffle bag in the backseat of the car.

"What's up?" I asked him, shutting my door and leaning against it.

"I just wanted to say you did really good at rehearsals today" he complimented leaning into me "and it helped that you also looked amazing up there too."

"Slow it down buddy boy" I pushed with a slight giggle. "We're taking it slow, remember?"

"I know. That doesn't mean I can't compliment you does it?"

"Well I mean-"

"And ask you on a date tonight?" he smirked.

"Depends on what it is" I questioned.