Chapter Seventeen

"What are you doing here?" I demanded, walking closer to him.

"Well that's actually a very good question." He chucked, rubbing the back of his head nervously. I shook my head.

"You really shouldn't be here.. You should be with your girlfriend."

"Well I guess I took a wrong turn on my way to her hotel" he smiled, handing me a bouquet of red roses. "I'm sure you could make more use of these than she could."

"Austin I can't take these." I stated, trying to hand him back the roses. He shook his head and pushed them back to me.

"Keep them. They're yours."

"Why are you even here? I told you we need to move on from this."

"Yeah we need to, and I'm aware of that. But I can't." He exclaimed.

"You have a girlfriend.. What do you mean 'you can't'?"

"I can't move on from you, I love you." He said, walking closer and placing his hands at my waist. "I really love you."

"I don't care if you love me." I spat, pushing his hands off my waist. "You're with Camila."

"Fuck Camila, Summer. I want you."

"Well I've told you about three times already I'm in a relationship with someone else but it doesn't seem to be clicking." I said with frustration. "I don't see why you can't understand that."

"Do you love him?" He questioned, completely avoiding everything I just said.

"Yeah" I confirmed.

"Do you love him like you love me though?" He questioned me again.

"Why does that matter?"

"Because you love me more than you could ever love him and instead you're fucking around with him when you could be with me." He said, the sudden anger in his voice dominantly clear. "You love him but you're in love with me."

"Who the hell are you to come up here and tell me who I'm in love with?" I spat. "You don't know how I feel about him, you never will."

After a few moments of silence he finally spoke up and said, "Why are you fighting this so hard?"

"I'm not fighting anything, if anyone is fighting anything here it's you." I said walking towards my door. I was so over this conversation.

Before I was able to walk in, Austin appeared in front of me and spun me around, leaving only a few inches between us.

"Exactly. And you know what I'm fighting for here?" He questioned, looking into my eyes. When I didn't answer, he continued on. "I'm fighting for you, because I know nobody else in this world could ever make me as happy as you could."

Tears started to swell up in my eyes and I broke the eye contact between us two by turning away. Why was he making this so hard?

"Don't you get it Austin?" I choked. "I don't want to be hurt by you again. Do you remember what you did? What you used me for?"

"Of course I remember. I was a dumb ass for that and I'm sorry." He said quietly. "I'm so sorry."

"I gave myself to you, Austin. I trusted you. I thought you had changed and then you fucked me like nothing and treated me like shit after you got what you wanted. Do you honestly think Beau would do that to me?" I questioned shakily, the tears falling down my cheeks.

"No.. I don't." He said, tears starting to swell up in his eyes.

"Then you answered all your own questions for why I can't take you back and why I'm staying with him." I sniffed, wiping the tears off my face. "He makes me happy."