Chapter 21: And So It Begins

SANA POV:

The rest of our walk was extremely quit after my short comment. Tzuyu wouldn't look at me, she wouldn't look up. Her hands were trembling, and her lips had been sealed into a thin line, brows furrowed in deep thought. I didn't have to ask her what was wrong. She was scared. Of me.

I noticed a long time ago that Tzuyu, and the other vampires flinched a bit when we touched them, jumped back when we spoke to them. It was obvious. I'll admit, in the past few days she's been more touchy than reserved, and I was enjoying that. Sadly, Tzuyu seems to have returned to her introverted state towards me. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything...

"AYO PEEPS, OVER HERE!!!" I heard someone call out to us.

Looking up, Jeongyeon was being her usual odd self and flailing around her arms trying to get our attention. My ears are still sensitive and it feels like two bombs just went off right beside me. Thanks Jeongyeon, you insane ostrich.

"YOU DONT HAVE TO SHOUT. WE CAN ALL HEAR YOU REALLY WELL!" Momo shouted angrily, "LIKE SERIOUSLY."

"Oh, sorry guys, needed your attention though." Jeongyeon said, scratching the back of her neck.

"You could have whispered and we would have heard loud and clear." Momo said, aggravation in her tone.

"Sorry! Okay, I'm sorrryyy! I keep forgetting that you guys have cool powers." Jeongyeon said, pouting a bit.

Nayeon came out from the car and gave the girl a good whack across the head.

"You tomato." She said, shaking her head.

The two yeon's short, but comedic interaction eased the tension between us all. We all began giggling, Tzuyu looked up and I got to see her beautiful eyes again. It was quite reliving. I've never been more grateful for Jeongyeon and Nayeon's personalities. Never, gosh I would have died without these two.

"Ow! And goodness, just get back in the car, Jagi- I MEANT POTATO-

"Goodness you two, it's obvious you're dating." Mina said, rolling her eyes and climbing in the car.

"It is, sorry guys." Momo said, following the penguin.

Nayeon looking baffled simply stomped into her car. Dahyun and Chaeyoung just shrugged at each other and climbed into the car behind Momo and Mina, except, Momo of course wasn't expecting Dahyun to sit on her.

"And you tell me that you're not gay." Momo mumbled.

Jeongyeon simply laughed at the interaction and climbed into her car.

"Alright, Sana, Tzuyu, you two can get into Nayeon's car with Jihyo." Jeongyeon said.

"Okieeeee~" I said, kinda giddy, my voice going up a pitch.

Tzuyu quietly got into the car and I quickly got in, too quickly. On the way in, I tripped on who knows what and fell directly on top of Tzuyu in the back seat. My hands were on both sides of her head, and she on impulse had put her hands on my waist. We had maybe a centimeter between our noses.

"ARE YOU TWO DILLY-DALLYING IN MY CAR?!" We both heard Nayeon shout.

I immediately jumped off of the taller girl, my face probably bright red after what just happened. Me and Tzuyu both let out an awkward cough.

"YOU DIRTY LITTLE SQUIRREL-

"WE WEREN'T DILLY-DALLYING!" I shouted, with no need to be any more embarrassed than I already was.

"I wouldn't mind if we were..."

My head whipped to the girl beside me who was silently looking out the window. She showed no signs of having said anything. Am I hearing things?! I quickly looked down, even redder than I was earlier. Did Tzuyu say something???