Chapter 23: Fighting

CHAEYOUNG POV:

Mina kept trying to comfort me as I hugged my knees. I was strong mentally, not as strong as Tzuyu but stronger than Dahyun. However, what I just saw would require an emotional void if I wanted it to have no effect on me.

People were just staring up at me. Dead. It wasn't the blood everywhere that got to me...

Humans. Vampires. Just dead and staring.

One couple was hugging in their dead states.
They were smiling eyes closed as if they had everything in the world, and maybe they did.

"Hey." Mina said.

"I'm fine." I replied.

"I didn't ask you a question." She said, "I said, 'Hey.'"

"I heard you." I sighed.

"I know you did, and I said hey because we need to get out." Mina her tone se ious and cold.

"Why? More bloody villages?" I replied.

"No but it's about to be." Mina said, waiting for me to get out of the car.

"What?!" I looked out the window and saw the horror of a group of vampires staring down a group of humans. Both sides tense and ready.

"We can save this town Chaeng, we have to." Mina said, ready to fight.

I nodded and climbed out of the car and saw Dahyun and Tzuyu out, giving me sad smiles, encouraging me silently. I returned the gesture, grateful that I wasn't alone.

"Alright. Let's do this." I said.

The two sides were just about ready to kill until we stormed in and kept the side enemies split.

"Who are you twats?!"

"Get out of our way!"

"This is till the death!"

We stood our ground strong and ready for whatever was to come. We had just witnessed the horror of what a battle between races could cause.

The humans stood in their regular passionate anger, but the vampires took one good look at Mina, Momo and Sana and they collectively gasped, surprising us and the humans.

"Are you..?" One Vampire asked warily.

"Are we what?" Tzuyu spat.

"Not you!" She shouted.

"THEN WHO?!" Tzuyu shouted.

"Them." She said, pointing to Mina.

Mina looked at me with a bit of fear and a bit of courage all together, as if she completely understood the lingering question, but knew that her answer could change everything in a split second.

"Yes. She is a hemaphile." I said.

Silence ran over all the vampires and humans just gave us one heck of a hellish horse look.

"Hema-what?" A humans blurted our, breaking the silence.

Hoping to prevent another bloody massacre of races, Dahyun spoke up, voice booming throughout the plaza they stood in.

"A human, but yet a vampire. They haven't lost themselves into void of blood, but neither are they entirely pure. They are both. It is something like a half-human half-vampire." Dahyun said.

It was the humans turn to gasp and gawk at the three hunters.

"We are the vampires who turned them like this! And guess what? Even before we turned them, we managed to get along. They understood that as Vampires, we aren't soulless. We have emotions, hearts!" I followed, a new feeling bubbling up.