china||seven days to fall in love

(...im a terrible person) ((credit to whoever drew the picture))
SILT: Never forget you- Noisettes
Word Count: 840
Warning: Cancer, Death

You...you were not doing well. The leukaemia was getting worse. Day by day you got weaker, sometimes being unable to even lift your head. Other days you just cried. For most of your life, you were in the hospital trying to cure something that was killing you from the inside out.
The efforts of the doctors were futile though. They had predicted that you had about a month left to live. You were only 20 years old.
On the first week, you stayed at home, wishing all your family and friends one final goodbye. The amount of tears that were shed could have filled an Olympic sized swimming pool, but perhaps even that was too small.
On the second week, you and Alfred, your brother, went everywhere. Carnivals, music festivals, concerts, theme parks, anywhere. He wanted to remember you laughing and smiling, not crying and coughing up blood.
On the third week, you got your affairs in order. Made sure that your Will was ready, and that your debts were paid.
On the final week, you met Yao. He was a beautiful man, both inside and out. He was Chinese and would often softly sing Chinese songs under his breath when he thought that your weren't listening. Yao made your final days explode with colour, rather than fade to grey.
You met on the Monday. You were sat in the park, under the largest oak tree, watching the world go by. He stumbled across you, quite literally, hiding from someone called Ivan. He was strange, but you liked that. You both talked for hours, and you were surprised when he didn't ask why you had no hair, or why you were extremely pale. He just smiled at you and made you giggle uncontrollably.
On the Tuesday, he took you to his restaurant, and you tasted the flavours of his home country. You both talked about your lives but, for whatever reason, you didn't tell him about the cancer. It was weird. Obviously you weren't healthy, but you couldn't bring yourself to tell him. Perhaps you thought he would pity you, even though he didn't seem like the type.
On the Wednesday you went all around town helping the homeless. Giving them food and blankets, and just making them see that not everyone in the world shunned them. It only made sense to you. If you weren't going to use them, why not give them to somebody who will?
On the Thursday you were considerably weaker, so Yao took you to his house so that you could meet his panda. You ended up with a few scratches due to the panda using you as a climbing frame, but the experience was enjoyable.
On the Friday you both stayed in and baked enough sweet treats to feed the whole of Essex. And it was on that Friday, when you were covered in flour and cake batter, when Yao kissed you. Just like in the movies, it felt like fireworks were exploding all around as you wrapped your arms around his neck as his wrapped around your waist. And for the first time in your life, you forgot that you were dying.
On the Saturday you could barely move. Yao made a pillow fort in the living room of your home and carried you to it bridal style. For the whole day you cuddled up together and watched sappy romance movies until you fell asleep together.
On the final day, Sunday, you were worse than ever. Even though you barely move and that you were in a lot of pain, you begged Yao to take you to the beach.
Although he protested, he took you anyway. He packed a picnic and two thick blankets. One for sitting on, and one to wrap around you.
You got there in the late afternoon, when it was deserted, and sat close to the sea.
Your head rested on Yao's shoulder while his arm was wrapped around your waist. You both sat in a comfortable silence, neither of you daring to break it, for a few hours before you started seeing Black in the corner of your eyes.
"Y-Yao," You whispered. "I think this i-is it."
His arm tightened around your waist and his shoulders shook as he held back a sob.
Tears slid down your cheeks as you turned the crying man's face towards you.
You looked into his tear filled eyes before kissing him softly. He kissed back desperately, hands cupping your face.
As you parted, you turned to cough into your hand, wincing as it was covered in specks of blood.
You fell back onto the sand and watched the sky turn from blue to purple. And as your body shut down, you whispered your last words: "I love you, and I'm sorry.".
You left a man sobbing uncontrollably over your body whispering incoherent words in Chinese as his heart broke. It had only taken seven days to fall in love with you but unfortunately, they were your last seven days.

You like? Yes? No? Let me know!
(Oh, don't you just hate me for this? In case you were wondering, I got the inspiration from 'My Sister's Keeper'. That film fucked me up big time.)
FotD: Every Labrador retriever dreams about bananas once in a while