america||break

(Heyyyyyyyyyy guys, I'm back lol) (credit to the artist)
SILT: My Boy- Billie Eilish
Word Count: 748

"Alfred."
Your blonde boyfriend turned his head to look at you and a wide grin crossed his face.
"Hey, babe! Whaddya need?"
You took a breath and looked him in the eyes, a frown on your face. His grin slipped and his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.
"Babe? Are you okay?" He asked, reaching a hand out to place it on your shoulder. You took a step back before it reached you and watched as his arm dropped back to his side.
"Alfred, we need to talk."
Alfred's eyes filled with worry and fear as he stood up and followed you into the other room.
You closed the door behind you and sighed before turning around to face the panic-stricken blonde.
"Alfred, I think we need a break."
Alfred's mouth opened and closed as he struggled to find words.
"I- What? Why? Please tell me you're joking, (name)!" He rushed, his eyes wide.
You screwed your eyes shut and repeated yourself. You heard Alfred choke back a gasp and felt the heat of his hands hovering over your cheeks before they were pulled back.
You reopened your eyes and avoided looking into his, not knowing if you could handle the broken look in them. You slowly moved around him and he stood staring at where you once were, pulling a bag out from inside the wardrobe.
"I'll..I'll just pack some stuff and stay with Liz or someone."
"No."
Alfred turned to face you, his eyebrows furrowed and fists clenched. If you hadn't known him as well as you did, you would be scared of him. You knew he would never raise a hand to you but his tense form still sent a shiver down your spine.
"W-What do you mean no? Alfred, we need to-"
"No, you need to tell me why we need a break. Because I don't think we do, we've been great up until last week when you suddenly became distant with me. I don't see what could have happened unless you cheated on me. So I need an answer, why do we need a break, (Name)?" He interrupted, his voice low.
You stared at Alfred, this wasn't the way you expected this to go. You had thought that he would maybe agree or just let you leave, but questioning you? That wasn't part of the plan.
Your silent stare seemed to give him the answer he was searching for, as he took a small step towards you.
"So you cheated? Is that it? You can't even tell me to my face that you fuc-"
"NO! Alfie I would never, you know that!" You cried out, tears welling in your eyes. You clutched the shirt in your hands tightly.
"I clearly don't know anything about you, (name). Am I not enough for you? Is that it? TELL ME!" He thundered, and you sobbed into the shirt.
"IM NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU, YOU IDIOT!" You near screamed, making the American still.
"What?"
The only noise you could hear was your own sobbing, the shirt in your hands quickly becoming soaked.
"I'm..I'm not good enough, Alfie. You deserve better than me, someone who's worth your time. Someone who can actually make you happy." You choked out, your breathing shallow and uneven.
You heard Alfred walk towards you, and felt his hand on your back.
"Did it ever occur to you that you're the best that I could find? That you're too good for me? That you make me happier than I've ever been? Did you even think to ask how I felt?" He whispered and you shook your head vigorously.
"You would have told me I was right."
"Does it sound like I'm doing that? Does it sound like I'm joking?"
You shook your head again, and he lifted your chin and turned it so you faced him.
"(Name), I love you, and you are more than enough, you make me happy, you are worth my time, and you are the best I could ever find. I love you, isn't that enough?"
You blinked at him, seeing the sincerity in his eyes felt more tears pricking at your eyes again. You launched yourself at him and hid your face in his chest as you cried.
Alfred's arms encircled you and held you tight as you cried, his chin resting on your head. He breathed a sigh of relief, he had almost lost you. Almost.
"I love you, (Name). I love you so damn much."

You like? Yes? No? Let me know!
(Lol it's been a while, hasn't it? How're ya'll doing? This didn't turn out as angst-y as I wanted but I think it's alright, maybe? Lmao
FotD: there's a(n updated) face reveal on the insta for this account (_fluffy_demon), so if you wanna see my mug go there (and this is a fact but it's also a promo lmao)