spain||in between

(Hey, what's up guys? Yes! I'm back with another fucking thingy ma-jig.) ((credit to artist))
SILT: Angel with a shotgun- The Cab
Word Count: 1088

You and Antonio had an odd relationship. You weren't quite together, but you were definitely more than friends.
It's was agonising, really. One day you would acting like a couple, and the next you would be enemies. It was draining.
You knew you liked him. God, it was obvious you did, but Antonio was so fucking oblivious that you could scream in his face about your undying love for him and he would be none the wiser.
Everything was ruined last week, however.
--a very slick flashback for ya--
You laughed loudly in the back of your old, spray-painted van, ignoring the arm Antonio had thrown over your shoulder.
"Oh my god, he actually said that?! I'm crying, oh my lord!" You said between laughs, wiping a tear from your eye.
Antonio grinned and nodded his head, making his chocolate coloured curls fly.
"He really did! I couldn't believe it either, he acted like he hadn't said anything at all!" He chuckled and you smiled.
It was silent for a moment, but it was comfortable. A memory popped into your head, making you chuckle quietly.
"What's so funny, hermosa?" He asked, looking at you with curiosity swirling in his green orbs.
"I'm just remembering high school. God, I hated that place. Everyone was such a dickhead."
"Hey!" He protested.
"Hi."
He rolled his eyes and hit you with a nearby pillow. You squawked and fell backwards, pulling Antonio with you. He landed on top of you, hands either side of you head. You both laughed and you looked up at him. In the soft light of the cheap fairy lights that were strung up, he looked so...handsome.
He noticed you staring and rose an eyebrow.
"What? I mean, I know my face is beautiful, but it's rude to stare." He joked and you rolled your eyes as a smile forced its way onto your face.
You pushed him away, muttering a quiet "dweeb." under your breath as you did.
He grinned wolfishly and laugh his arm over your shoulder again when you were both sitting up right again.
A piece of your hair covered your face and he brushed it behind your ear, his fingers leaving a tingling sensation on your skin.
"You're beautiful, (name). You always were." He said softly, resting his head on yours.
Your smile fell from your lips and your eyes grew sad. Why did he do this? Why did he make you feel like you were special?
"Toni, can I...can I ask you something?"
"You just did. But sí, go on."
"What are we?"
It was silent for a moment. He removed his arm from your shoulder and looked at you.
"What do you mean?" He asked and you looked away, sighing.
"I mean what I said. What are we? One day you act as if I'm your girlfriend and the next you act like I'm a stranger. You can't mess me about like this. It's not fair, Toni!"
He sighed heavily and shrugged his shoulders. He avoided eye contact with you and tears pooled in your (eye colour) orbs.
"(Name), I thought we were on the same page. That be both just thought this was only a bit of fun, lo siento if I made you think otherwise, chica." He said sadly and you took a deep breath.
"Please leave."
He nodded and opened the doors of the van. He jumped out and looked at you with regretful eyes. You avoided his gaze and he sighed before closing the doors and walking away. After a few minutes, you started crying and didn't stop until you fell asleep.
--end of the slick flashback--
You held back the tears as you remembered. No, now was not the time to cry.
"Flight 563 to Dublin is now boarding."
You sighed as you got to your feet. That was your flight. You were leaving everything, and everyone, behind. A new start.
The situation with Toni wasn't the only reason, but it was the final push.
You grabbed the small suitcase you had as a carry on and started walking towards the gate for you flight.
It wasn't long before you were handing your boarding card and passport over to the lady that sent passengers through. She was just handing you your passport and boarding card back when you heard someone scream your name.
You furrowed your brow and turned around. The only person who knew you were leaving was Lovino but it wasn't him that called you, you were sure of it. So who could it be?
A mop of brown curls appeared in your eyeline and you stiffened. What was he doing here? Lovino didn't tell him you were leaving, did he? Of course he did, the bastard.
"(Name)!" He yelled again and you sighed. Might as well find out why he's looking for you, I mean, you're leaving anyway.
"Toni! I'm here!" You called, ignoring the looks you got from the other passengers.
He turned to face you and a relieved grin spread across his face. He ran towards you and hugged you tightly. You stiffened again and awkwardly patted him on the back.
"Toni, what are you doing here?" You asked and he hugged you tighter.
"Stopping you from leaving." He mumble.
"Why? I thought I was just a bit of fun?" You said bitterly and he sighed.
He pulled away and looked you in the eyes. His green orbs were full of both hope and regret.
"(Name). I'm sorry I said that. You are so much more than that, I just didn't realise at the time. Te amo, (name). I love you. And I hope you feel the same." He said seriously and you searched his face for any signs of lying. There wasn't any.
You were silent as you scrutinised his face and he took this as a bad sign. He began to turn around but was pulled back when you grabbed the front of his shirt.
You looked at him for a moment before yanking him down to your height and kissing him hard.
His eyes widened in surprise but soon closed as he wrapped his arms around your waist. The cheers of the people around you brought you back to your senses and you pulled away. You blushed and grabbed Toni's hand before leaving the airport quickly.
Matching stupid grins spread across both of your faces as you left. You finally weren't in between anymore.
.
.
.
"I hope you realise that you're paying me back for my ticket."

You like? Yes? No? Let me know!
(Yooooo should I add like another segment to these chapters? Like, I already have SILT and the word count but I feel like I should add something here? You tell me my guy.)
FotD: this is when we came up with Fact Of The Day!