☽Happy Birthday ★ Spencer Reid☾

This is an entry I wrote for ha7lie's writing contest! Due Date: April 30th • May 2ndThe theme was birthday related so I wrote a cute fluffy birthday for my little bean Spencer

ha7lie's writing contest!
Due Date: April 30th • May 2nd
The theme was birthday related
so I wrote a cute fluffy birthday
for my little bean Spencer.
I mean look how cute he is
blowing out his candles!
And thank you all so so much
for the 240+ views on this story,
I didn't think I'd get that many
this quickly and it means
a lot to me.
Enjoy!
Word Count: 1584
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

Spencer made his way into the BAU not at all thinking about his birthday, still too lost in his thoughts about their last case that he slightly forgot it was his birthday today.

So when he stepped out of the elevator and the whole team jumped out from their hiding places in the room yelling "Surprise! Happy birthday Spencer!" he about had a mini heart attack, hating surprises.

"I totally forgot it was today.." he says, chuckling softly "but thank you all! And you got me a cake?!"

"Actually I made you a cake!" Y/N pipes in, smiling proudly at her cake that said "Happy Birthday Spence" in white icing, two candles sat on top making the number thirty, the age he was turning today.

He smiles brightly at her "It looks wonderful! And I'm sure it'll taste great, can I have a piece now?" he asks, staring at the cake.

She giggles a bit before pointing to the candles on the cake "Not before you blow out those candles, and make a wish, Spencer Reid." she says with a smirk.

"Oh, right, so that probably means you all want to sing?" He asks, looking at his best friend and the rest of his co-workers and friends.

"Well of course! It wouldn't be a party without the iconic happy birthday song, you should know me by now Spencer." she says before looking to her teammates around her.

"On three!" she says before counting "One.. Two.. Three!" she says before they all start singing "Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Spencer. Happy birthday to you!" they finish off, Y/N smiling brightly at Reid.

The whole time Spencer could feel his face heating up as much as he tried to hide it, after they finished the song he blew out the candles.

He wished to have a day away with just him and his best friend for once, it's always them and the team. He loves his team, they're like a family to him but sometimes he just wants to have those days away with his best friend, which they haven't got much of in the past weeks due to all the cases they had.